Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Feature Request] Swap character name and title

I'd really like a script to swap a journal's character_name and character_title attributes on the fly. I'm playing a few of Pathfinder's Vigilantes, so I'd like to be able to change between social identity and vigilante identity without manually editing the journal each time.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Do you have access to a game that can run API scripts? If so, ChatSetAttr can do this. If not, then macros are your only automation resource, and unfortunately they can only report values: they cannot write to sheets or tokens.
I do have access to a game with API scripts, but when I try to use ChatSetAttr to do it, it won't change the character_name.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Which sheet are you using, and what is the text of your macro?
The sheet is the Pathfinder Community Sheet, and my macro is: !setattr --sel --title_temp|%character_name% !setattr --sel --character_name|%character_title% !setattr --sel --character_title|%title_temp%
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Character Name isn't actually an attribute, it's a property of the Character Object. That's probably why it isn't working. 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
The Aaron said: Character Name isn't actually an attribute, it's a property of the Character Object. That's probably why it isn't working.  Whaaat? But It can be accessed on the character sheet as if it was an attribute...
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yup. Magic. That's why if you change a name on a character tab, the name on the Bio tab and the listing in the Journal change.