Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Double Rolls from Character Sheets

My party is encountering a strange issue where everything from the character sheet is rolling twice and taking the second result. We are playing with Pathfinder 1st edition sheets. Any fix for this?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
How do you know it is taking the second result?  The way that roll template is built, it rolls all the dice (attack, crit confirm in case of a critical threat, damage, crit damage in case of a confirmed crit), then it only displays in chat what is needed.  So if you have 3D dice turned on, you will see everything rolled, but chat will only display the main attack and damage rolls/calculation if you don't have the threat of a critical.  If you have the threat of a critical, then it displays in chat the confirm roll and the critical damage roll as well.
One, the virtual dice roller shows two d20s and damage dice when rolling an attack from the sheet (and ONLY attacks). The second reason is the when we hover over the result, we see the macro says something along the lines of 1d20cs>13+3=6+3. The virtual dice show both a 13 and a 6, and the six is taken. This is the same for every attack. Two dice rolled, with the second result taken.
If it's solely for the crit and confirm, that's... fine, but still an annoynace, as most of the second rolls, at least on my part, were lower than the initial, and that's resulted in a string of bad rolls.
Hey Cameron C. - Would you mind providing me with the exact name or a link to the game in question, please? I'll pop in and take a look to see what might be going on. Thanks!
We found out that the issue specifically occurs when using the 3D dice roller. I can't tell you the difference myself, but something about the macro is different when using the 3D dice that results in two rolls at once. When not using the 3D dice, the macro only rolls for one number unless the first is a crit.

Edited 1579563298
We've simply opted to avoid the 3D dice to avoid the issue, but I suggest looking into the macros on some of your Pathfinder sheets. Something weird is going on there.