Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Secret turn tracker only visible to GM entirely?

As a DM, I prefer my players to not know the exact turn order of the things they are fighting/what they are called/etc to promote immersion, so I control it like a classic in-person DM would.  Is there a way to hide the turn tracker from the players so that I don't have to use a method outside roll20? There are cases where keeping something on the GM layer to hide initiative is not very practical.  I'm just trying to avoid as much meta-gaming as possible.  Thanks
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Things on the GM layer are the only built in way. It could be done reasonably easily with the API, but that requires a pro subscription. 
You could try keeping a copy of the NPC token in the GM layer. Use that one to add to initiative so they don't see it's turn placement, and have the original copy in the token layer so your players can still see it on the map.