Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Forgot name of placed token

I'm trying to recreate maps from one game to another (I'm not Pro, and thus can't Transmogrify over). I can't for the life of me remember the names of some of the tokens on the map that's already established, so I'm not having luck trying to find it in the library on the new game.  Any ideas how to find the names of the tokens or how to copy/paste a token over without upgrading? Thanks.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
One method is to assign the token or tile to a character sheet and vault it over. It is slow method but it allows you to rebuild a map, piece by piece.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
On another note. If the tokens belong to you then they already exist in your library.
Using the vault method worked perfectly! Thank you very much. This worked perfectly as much of the map was simple with a few key elements I needed to find.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The vault method is the slow piece meal method for those that are not a pro subscriber who uses the transmogrifier.  Another method is to remove any movable tokens such as characters, doors, and other tokens that the characters interact with. I recommend just moving them to the GM layer and moving the opacity level to transparent. After that, disable the grid and make screen captures. This gives you the whole map (if you zoom out) or do sections and stitch the captures together so you can just upload the map. This does reduce resources used during the game as the computers do not have to deal with hundreds of tokens/tiles but just a few. The down side is that anything you upload counts against your storage quota.