Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Warlock Spell Slots don't increase

In my 'Blaze of the Aesir' game, my level 3 warlock Sarphanis should have 2 level 2 spell slots, but it only shows one level 1 on her character sheet, which was made through the Charactermancer. How can I increase her level 2 spell slots? And change her level 1 slots to 0?
You got level 1 slots via Charactermancer? That never happened to my Warlock. The OGL sheet is not set up very well for Warlocks and the spell slot thing does not work automatically, in my experience. Initially, I set my level 1 slots in the gear tab of the sheet in the Spell slot modifiers at the bottom of the left most coloumn. But, either my sheet bugged out or something but when I went to change the spell slots from 1st level to 2nd level, the 1st level would not go away. What I did was go into the Attributes and Abilities tab and under Attributes look for lvl1_slots_total, lvl2_slots_total, etc and zero out the lvl1 slots attribute and add 2 to the lvl2 field.
Personally, I've found it just easier to set the spell slots as a "resource" like a paladin lay on hands ability, set the number of uses per short rest as the "number of spell slots" you get according to your level.  and remember that all those slots are also cast at the level appropriate.  Then just use the spell slot tracker to track the spells you actually know.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Doug E. said: The OGL sheet is not set up very well for Warlocks and the spell slot thing does not work automatically, in my experience. This is my understanding as well. It's a long known issue that Warlock Spellslots doesn't work well with the sheet.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
There is a warlock in my game, and it is fairly straightforward to keep the warlock spell slots up to date. Click on the cog icon on the character sheet for the settings (to the right of Core, Bio, Spells). In the bottom left corner, adjust the spell slots as needed for the warlock spell slots and mystic arcanum spells.
Brian C. said: There is a warlock in my game, and it is fairly straightforward to keep the warlock spell slots up to date. Click on the cog icon on the character sheet for the settings (to the right of Core, Bio, Spells). In the bottom left corner, adjust the spell slots as needed for the warlock spell slots and mystic arcanum spells. Have you tried altering them lately? I now cannot even get it to work even with the method I alluded to. I'm wondering if the sheet is broken.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Doug E. said: Brian C. said: There is a warlock in my game, and it is fairly straightforward to keep the warlock spell slots up to date. Click on the cog icon on the character sheet for the settings (to the right of Core, Bio, Spells). In the bottom left corner, adjust the spell slots as needed for the warlock spell slots and mystic arcanum spells. Have you tried altering them lately? I now cannot even get it to work even with the method I alluded to. I'm wondering if the sheet is broken. Yes, it still works.