Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFP] DM looking for 5e group, newbies welcome. (18+)

1579380501

Edited 1579381205
Newish to 5e, but played/DM'd a tonne of 3.0. I want to run a group of 4-7 players in a standard DnD environment with these as my goals. FREE * A fun, personable group where everyone feels valuable. Sessions scheduled in advance, and word as good as bond when it comes to that.  * Character driven story. I want the world to shape the characters, and the character to shape the world.  * We'll start as a one shot adventure for lvl 1, and if it works well enough we can continue.  * We'll use digital maps and ect for now, I have minis and terrain for use as broadcast later.  To apply, respond to the fiollowing prompt and et me know your interest, character and rough schedule preferences.  You hear of a large bounty- 100 GP (or a forgiveness of a debt to the crown) for a simple job- "pest contol". The place, too small to have its own city name even, is just a soap factory and houses set inside a huge maze of rose bush farms. In the summer they import whale blubber and mix it with the roses they farm, now, in the dead of winter it is nearly vacant as the workers have returned to the city for the cold icy winter. The job is more of a joke to respected heroes, as it's 95 GP for travel expenses and 5 for the bounty. If you accept, the crown will charter a dog sled and winter clothing for the 2 week journey. It's bound to be cold and miserable, and then easy. There are some that wonder though, why the king even cares at all, but dismiss it as a complicated tax law requirement from them to their vassels.  Why is your character going to accept this job? No huge back story needed, just enough to get someone who would take a strange quest like this. 
Syltilas, a freshly renown thief and target of the guards can consider this job a way to begin clearing his name. Syltilas Lenaerin, a half-elf born of rags has known hunger and poverty more than most that reside in slums, and learned easy who truly runs a settlement.  As someone who was driven out of town more frequent than others as well, clearing his name would be a good first step in an operation thats been brewing in th depths of his head for quite some time. Hi there.  Names Chris and I live in the EST zone and best days for me are Thursday Nights (5PM-3AM), Friday Afternoons (12Pm-9PM), Saturdays at any time.
it really depends on what character i would bring in, my orc paladin, hobgoblin samurai and human sorcerer would do it to serve the kingdom, my aarakocra rogue and yuan ti gunslinger would do it probably to gain favor with the kingdom, my luxodon barbarian and goblin monk would do it just for some fun in the winter. i also have my gf who would want to play an elf paladin or aasimar paladin who would go to help people in need. I am interested and dont mind making more characters if needed, we can play most days any time before 7pm est but on wednesdays and thursdays this can go to 10pm est (we work nights so cant play past those times).
Welcome Syltilas, seems we begins the opposite of the Hobbit, having found a burgler we now need everyone else. A favor for the king, no matter how small could be just what you need.  I'm Cody, I choose my own schedule so I'll be as flexible as possible. 
Bryan, I love the goblin monk idea (you don't have to though) and either character of your GF. We got a two-fer. 
Will we be using Discord?
I'm flexible, but discord seems to be the best way to do it. 
Would you like me to send you my username or wait until everyone has been gathered?
Sure, DM me your info. I'll set up a channel and all that when I get home from work. 
Belroar Tarmikos, human wizard and archeologist. I'm not interested in the job as anything more than a means to an end. There are some rather interesting ruins in the area that I'd like to look at. Nothing grandiose or significant enough to warrant a full expedition, but interesting enough for the promise of easy work that will cover my travel expenses to give me the justification I need to make the trip. I'm free most weekday nights for 6:30 to 10pm est, from 6:30 until everyone is too tired to continue on Fridays, and at all times on Saturday.
Cool! You guys are making me excited! We've got 5, which is enough to start me planning. Keep applying though, I'm very happy.  The ruins have nearly slipped from the history books. Only very well read locals have even heard of them. It may well be a fools errand, ruins so isolated even goblins would shun then. But, it has been years since anyone has been there.  We have another, a knight of the order of the green. He also is accepting the job as a means to a end, seeking to avenge a wrong done to his order. 
Paladin Tiefling, I would like to study whatever "Pest" is worth enough to the King that he would forgive a "Debt" even if the pay itself is awful. I'm curious to see if I can find something new and interesting in the field of either Alchemie or Magic. I can do any time on Saturday really.
Hedone Everlue, halfling bard and bartender. I wanted to take on this job because I want to spread my wings and leave the similarly small town I grew up in, and also to start to make a name for myself. While the job itself isn't the most glamorous, hopefully I'll meet some fun people along the way. The reward doesn't mean as much as the renown that could be up for grabs. My schedule changes from week to week but I work mornings so I should be free most every night ( 7:00 pm-1:00 am CST). These hours are pretty flexible though.
Hi there, new to D&D (well been so long i am new again!!) this would also be first time using roll20 Character: Brutalitops,  dwarven barbarian.  a loner by choice, reluctantly back in "society" by necessity.  When he was young and foolish, after a night of recklessness (drinking and womanizing)  an orc warparty crashed through his village, killing all that was there.  Brutalitops was passed out in a field just outside the village and woke the next morning to find the carnage.  He retreated into the mountains for years of solitude until he came to a conclusion that he needed retribution, or die trying. most evenings after 7pm work for gametime, weekends preferable
Awesome! I'm just about to my home computer, I'll set up a discord where we can iron out the schedule that will work best for everyone.  I think with that, we can pause on replys to the thread, however, please DM me your discord name and character/story/reason for taking this quest, as I might split it into 2 groups.