Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[ADVICE] Fix the maximum number of elements in a repeating section

Hello, I am currently working on a character sheet and I would like to create a repeating section with a maximum of 10 elements in it. Is there an easy way to do so? Thanks
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It can be done - a sheetworker could delete any rows created after the 10th, or you might be able to hide the add button once 10 items exist. That said, if you're planning on having a limit of 10 items, you might be better off just making the html for all 10 items, and hide them using CSS. Then create fake add /delete buttons using action buttons and css, to display and hide items as needed. If you dont use a repeating section, you get simpler attribute names which is an advantage for people making macros. Which do you want to try?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Gigs is correct that both methods would work. I'd recommend deciding based on how complex each item is. Is it just a skill that has ranks and a total value? Pre code them. Or is it an ability with many attributes players can set/reference? Probably Use a repeating section.
Thanks Gigs. I think I will go for the the pre code approach as the values in there will be purely text that have no impact on any rolls. the only think that matter really is the number row displayed and for that the button updating an argument will be good enough. Thanks again