Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Advanced Fog of War not working.

Edited 1579539303
I'm having a very odd bug with AFoW. Its odd because it works perfectly fine in another game I created, but its not working in this new one I'm building. I've double checked (side by side) and all the settings for the characters and maps are the same. If one works so should the other, right? I've tried clearing my cache, using multiple different windows and actually two different computers all together. I've played with all the settings and added and removed values from the Emits Light and Reveal Distances. I've deleted characters and rebuilt them and still nothing. Dynamic Lighting works perfectly fine, but AFoW doesn't work at all with this new game. Help? Edit: I've just created another New Game to Test to see if its just that game, but same thing is occurring with this new one as well.
Help?
Bump
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I didn't respond earlier, because AFoW is not really in my wheelhouse. However, I'll give it a shot. How exactly is it "not working"? Have you tried re-setting fog?

Edited 1579613631
keithcurtis said: I didn't respond earlier, because AFoW is not really in my wheelhouse. However, I'll give it a shot. How exactly is it "not working"? Have you tried re-setting fog? The screen acts as if only DL is turned on. It does the "Emits Light" feature and that radius of light around the token, but doesn't "reveal" the map. It doesn't "remember" where the token has gone. When I leave ONLY AFoW on, it just stays black or doesn't turn back on. Also when doing CTRL+L to view the player's view, it sometimes doesn't go back to the GM view unless I manually click the "GM Layer". Before I would just simply left click off of it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I wish I could be of more help here, but like I said, AFoW is not my forte. I don't use it. Other than checking each variable carefully, making no assumptions, which you certainly seem to have done, and re-setting fog of war via the flyout menu on the tool bar, I've come up empty. Hopefully someone who uses the feature will have better advice.
Thanks for taking a shot at it though!
Bump
Hey Nicholas B. -  Would you mind providing me with the exact name or a link to a game in which this is occurring, please? I'll take a look to see what might be going on. Thanks!

Edited 1579785354
The Apostles II: Heiress to the Throne <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5705413" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/5705413</a> Thank you!

Edited 1579814280
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Heya&nbsp;Nicholas B. -&nbsp; I made some adjustments to one of your character's Token settings and AFoW seems to be working now. Would you mind re-testing AFoW with your Token for "Calista of Redora" and letting me know the results, please? Thank you for your patience!
Yeah it seems to be working! Can you share with me what you tweaked? Just so I know how to fix it if it ever happens again or if I did something wrong. :)
Hey there Nicholas B. -&nbsp; Of course! Just wanted to make sure it worked on your end first! :) In general, a thing to remember is that AFoW can usually only be revealed by the following situations: Tokens that are controlled by at least one player &amp; have sight. A&nbsp; GM controlled Token&nbsp; that has sight and isn't controlled by anyone. However, in your page settings. you have to have the &nbsp; All Tokens Reveal setting from the Advanced Fog of War section enabled . As a result, in that Journal entry, I simply changed the Can Be Edited &amp; Controlled By &nbsp;from nothing to All Players &nbsp;and that allowed the Token to reveal AFoW.
Oh wow! That is so simple! LOL&nbsp; Thanks so much for your help!