Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New attribute for token bar usage?

Someone wanted to track their barbarian rage uses per day in their token. Note, we're using the community Pathfinder sheet. It was fairly easy to set up a new attribute in the character sheet and tell it to use a macro value (several other existing attributes had macros) but the moment it gets saved, that macro gets "cached" and the attribute is no longer linked to the character sheet and instead has fixed values (as in the text field gets replaced, so rather than saying "@{repeating_ability_-lyz6bdtp7afc7vz2xsa_used|max}" it says "6". Is there any way we can do this so we don't have to refresh the maximum value when the player levels up?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This is what the custom attributes section of the community pathfinder sheet is for. You can reference them via their actual attribute name, but they can be used for anything. See the custom tab for all the possible attributes.
Yes, that's what I'm saying. I added a custom attribute and the attribute itself  dereferences. and: Those two circled boxes had  a macro reference in them. But as soon as I target that attribute with the token bar, they get turned into numbers that no longer reflect changes in the character sheet (I put "@{repeating_ability_-lyz6bdtp7afc7vz2xsa_used}" and "@{repeating_ability_-lyz6bdtp7afc7vz2xsa_used|max}" in those cells originally).
Unless I am mistaken, based on your image.... "Rage" is the attribute that is linked to the bar; the references "@{..." will auto-resolve because that's how macros process (resolving all references like that to their values before executing).  To get the behavior it sounds like you want, you just need to put the max number of uses of Rage (6) in the first box of the Rage attribute. The linked bar van can then be adjusted during play by clicking on the bar's bubble value and typing "+1" or "-1" as appropriate. 

Edited 1579630695
Ok, but: Whereas things like HP update properly.
I am not familiar with the sheet you're using (I play Pathfinder), but I believe sheets often have "workers" that automate changes between the "face page" and the attributes. Sorry.. it doesn't seem I was able to help. 
Mark G. said: I am not familiar with the sheet you're using (I play Pathfinder) <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Community_Sheet</a>
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Draco18s M., Steve mentioned it above, but I think you misunderstood what he was saying.&nbsp; The Community sheet includes a tab called "Custom".&nbsp; You can create "custom" attributes on this page and they can use the sheet's built-in calculations.&nbsp; You can use them as a switch to toggle multiple buffs.&nbsp; Another benefit is that they can be linked to tokens, unlike the repeating attributes and auto-calculated hidden attributes.&nbsp; So, you can use something like&nbsp;@{customa4-mod} with your rage/day calc, then link your token to bar @{customa4-mod}. @{customa4-mod|max} also exists and will automatically fill-in the max field on the token as well. Now you can track your rage on the token and @{customa4-mod} will always sync with your level and Con-mod according to your rage/day macro. Cool
Ah ha, thank you. That's exactly the info I needed!