Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I have icon packs that I purchased in the market. How can I use them as custom token markers?

Edited 1579566070
My token marker library only has the default set. If I try to create a new one, I need to upload images from my hard drive. I would like to use the images that I've already purchased on roll20. Can't I? I know some of the packs have a "Download this content", but that's optional and, as far as I know, there's no way to know if a pack will have this option or not before you purchase it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
In my experience, most of the art packs allow downloading. If you have already purchased the content you can go to its marketplace page. If it's downloadable, it will have an appropriate button. If you have not yet purchased something, you can ask here or my contacting the artist. Which packs are you interested in? Also, if you are contemplating status markers, you might want to wait a couple of weeks. I believe that marker sets will go live in very early February, and it is my understanding that a Marketplace purchase will not require a download. Not positive on that last part, but in any case, there will probably be a lot more choices soon.

Edited 1579635396
Mino
Marketplace Creator
I've actually received an e-mail that states that existing art packs that work as Token Markers will be required to be updated. It should become a Token Marker pack without you having to do anything sometime in early february. But if you want your markers now, you will have to download them and upload them through the manual system. Also, I know this doesn't help you right this second, but it's actually been made mandatory that all upcoming Token Marker packs are downloadable. Just something to keep in mind if that's important to you going forward.
Elemental Flame
Pro
Marketplace Creator
In the past if an art pack wasn’t downloadable you would see a purple highlighted bar at the bottom detailing it as a Roll20 exclusive which meant it could not be be downloaded. I’d check to see, but I don’t recall any packs that are still set that way. I had mistakenly set one of mine that way but it was fixed a while back. When we upload packs it is strongly encouraged we allow them to be downloadable.