Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to Make Attack Spells Default to Description On?

Guys, Is there a switch to make attack spell descriptions default to on?  It is a hasle to change this for every attack spell.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Which sheet? Every sheet is different.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Assuming the D&D 5e by Roll20 sheet, I don't think so. By coincidence, I was working with this last night, because I too, would like this to be the default. Although you can set the value to off, on, or partial, doing so programatically doesn't change the behavior. It appears to be similar to other behaviors in the sheet, where it is not set up properly to receive value changes from the API. This behavior is not universal across the sheet, indicating that it is a bug in how those sections are set up. Repeated requests to have it fixed, along with more knowledgeable people than I pointing out where the problem lies and how to fix it have not resulted in any change. It's frustrating.