Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about White Plume Mountain

Is it from Tales from the Yawning Portal or Dungeon of the Mad Mage? I bought the $5 dollar mini dungeon and it says it's from DMoM, but everything I see online says it's from TftYP. I just want to know which one i would want to buy if i wanted to continue the adventure. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Marketplace page for White Plume Mountain makes no mention of Dungeon of the Mad Mage, only Tales from the Yawning Portal. Where are you seeing a reference to DotMM? In any case, it is definitely from Yawning, but all of the modules in that expansion are pretty much standalone. There is a paragraph in the full module about how to use the modules as a full campaign, but in reality it boils down to "the characters hear rumors that lead them to the next module". there is no overarching story or theme.  The next module level-wise would be Dead in Thay .

This is why I say that. It shows the Mad Mage preview module for the adventure preview. I'm just confused as to why. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That is very odd. Did you start with a brand new game and only use the White Plume Addon?
That's not how you spell White Plume Mountain. You named a DotMM preview game White Plum Mountain. 

Edited 1579675420
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ed S. said: That's not how you spell White Plume Mountain. You named a DotMM preview game White Plum Mountain.  That has nothing to do with the issue of the preview or which adventure comes next. You can name an adventure anything you like.
ellamenohpee I believe you created a game with the preview of Mad Mage module which is free. White Plume Mountain is an addon, so it needs to be added to an existing game or a new blank game. Once the game is created go to the game page and select WPM from the addon drop down. The image came from the module you created the game under. but you can change it to what ever you like. A new blank game won't have an image.