Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Cyber Clocks [Suggestion Thread]

Edited 1579858787
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hi friends! I hope I got your attention because you've been enjoying my Time for Treachery set! I'm in the process of doing a second set but all superfuturistic and lasery. I'm hoping to get any thoughts from players and GMs here who had a "This would be better--if..." thought.  This will be an animated set to really sell the sci-fi nature of the set and will include a bunch of stuff to create a "landing" page that matches the set as well. So a fertile place to get suggestions for what everyone is craving. Looking forward to your comments and thoughts! 
O hai! I've been using your clocks in my games and loving them for a while. I don't have many suggestions for the sci-fi set except maybe make an option with no animation/make the animation pretty subtle. I would definitely love some landing page art. One thing that is a bit off-topic: this last Tuesday I found all my clocks gone from all my pages and whenever try to I use the add-on thing with multi-sided tokens, the tokens won't appear. When I try to look into the tables, this is what I see:   Happens in a new game/newly added modules too. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I confirmed that there is something wrong with the addon, my images for it are all broken.  I've passed that information on to the devs.

Edited 1579871478
Drespar
Roll20 Team
Hi everyone! We are actively investigating this and working to get a resolution soon. Sorry for the trouble!
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
This is really great, Richard. These clocks would also be fantastic in an escape room type of adventure to track how much time remains before inevitable doom. Mwa ha ha ha  Ahem. Seriously though. Great stuff!
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Glad to hear it's being looked at. Funny that I had one of my character sheets break for some other random reason too. We'll hope this isn't a weird thematic wave of occurrences.  The static-versions of the each asset is definitely a good suggestion. 
A sci-fi set of clocks would be amazing! My one request would be to have a "high" sci-fi (glowing haptic interfaces, lasers and clean lines) and a low-tech 1980's sci-fi that's clunkier, (switches, LCD readouts, vacuum tube screens).
Continuing the "bug report", since it ties into this. I too lost a huge part of my Blade in The Dark campaign clocks... Logged in and some of them had simply disappeared. Those who know how important part those clocks play in BITD know this is not very good and it really gimps my campaign since I now have to try toi remember where those clocks were. Not to mention being unable to use new ones or adjust current ones. Of course one can use just numbers but hopefully this bug is fixed asap since this is not acceptable. As for the cyberclocks: I would buy them! My suggestion is "digital/neon" coloured ones and maybe another a bit more neutral one for modern day campaign.
Popped in to confirm that I am also having the same trouble with my Time for Treachery add-on.  Cyberclocks -- Perhaps not just circular options but a horizontal/vertical bar that fills/empties as needed? Also made me think that some steampunk options would be really cool as well.
Hey all -  Just wanted to pop in and let you know that this addon has been fixed and the images should all be working now. Thank you all for your patience and reports! Happy gaming! :)

Edited 1580382345
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the update, Nicholas! Thanks for the energetic suggestions everyone. At the moment I'm working on a more fine number of clocks; 2, 3, 4, and 6. After that, I'm wondering if you guys were happy with the "dice" sized clocks in the original set or if you found you didn't use very much, of say, the 12-sided clock. As far as shape goes, I'm putting a bit more energy in having each clock having a different appearance, which hopefully goes over well. I'm thinking i'll do a more generic horizontal layout version if you just need a tracker as well.  To David H's suggestion, I totally get the different styles and believe me, I went back and forth about what I was trying to accomplish. I think I will end up doing the high sci-tech style in the immediate term and do a more "Star Wars fantasy" clunky 1980's style in the future as a separate set. 
I did use the 8 (quite often) and 10 (more rarely) clocks. Didn't find an occasion to use the 12 clock, but I haven't played for that long with systems that need those.
I play a lot of Forged in the Dark games which use clocks extensively so having pretty 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 clocks were what I bought the original set for. A 12 sided clock doesn't happen very often, but when it does it's for something very important in the game and your stained glass clocks always looked perfect for it.
The GM
Marketplace Creator
These go well with my new  set. (The Time Keeper's Sanctum)

Edited 1582595882
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Decided to keep the 12-clock since of course a person could use it to track time of day.  Decided to update everyone on my clocks. Nearly there, reworking the 10 clock a bit and then I'll take a second look at them as a group. 
These are gorgeous! Will we be able to tint them or alternatively will they come in multiple colors? I bet these would look great in warm tones.
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Unfortunately you can't tint animated elements, I am packaging them with static versions which will be tintable-- but yeah. I was considering doing colored variants but that'd require exporting +49 files per variant, and then placing them in rollable tokens, which I can't tell if people would find the cost worth it. Another alternative is to do a non-addon version where the buyer would need to set up the files manually.