Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 wont work only on chrome, which has been cached, updated, and has extensions off.

Currently cant get the screen to load right. i can still select things on the page, but a cant actually see anything other than this grey screen. As i said above, I have updated chrome, turned off all extensions, and cleared my cache, still nothing. Firefox runs everything fine, however. Any idea on whats wrong?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
What version of chrome are you using? I just checked with mine (version 79.0.3945.130, 64 bit) and it worked fine with my game.
Hey Jeff B. -  Have you also tried disabling hardware acceleration for Chrome? If not, would you mind doing that and letting me know the results, please? Directions for doing so can be seen below: Navigate to  chrome://settings  in the address bar. At the very bottom of that page, select the  Advanced  dropdown. Navigate to the System heading. Find and disable the  Use hardware acceleration when available  option. Restart Chrome and re-test the issue.
I've been having that problem too. Tried clearing my cache, turning off extensions, and disabling hardware acceleration didn't work either.
Ben C. said: I've been having that problem too. Tried clearing my cache, turning off extensions, and disabling hardware acceleration didn't work either. Hey Ben C. - Hmmm, very weird. To confirm, are you also running Chrome as well? Or is this with a different browser?
Yes, I am using Chrome.
The hardware acceleration fixed the problem on my end, at least. thank you!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ben, just to check: You have tried it with Hardware acceleration both on and off? Different users report different results for the toggle. Not intuitive, I know.
I have tried both options; I've even tried turning off the option to let Chrome run background apps, just in case (since the toggle for that is on the same page as the hardware acceleration, and it's one thing I hadn't tried), and I'm still getting nothing. I've been havign this problem for weeks, but I still haven't been able to find a solution that works.

Edited 1580336650
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hey Ben C. -  Hmmm, very strange. If you go to this website , do you see a spinning cube perchance?
Ben, One thing you might try is incognito mode see if it will load the page? The other thing that might be of value is to use chrome developer tools click on networking and see whats happening in the background.  You could compare it to a browser that is working such as firefox it might provide insight to whats going on.  Ben C. said: I have tried both options; I've even tried turning off the option to let Chrome run background apps, just in case (since the toggle for that is on the same page as the hardware acceleration, and it's one thing I hadn't tried), and I'm still getting nothing. I've been havign this problem for weeks, but I still haven't been able to find a solution that works.