Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Using Resources

I can't seem to find an answer to this.  Odds are I'm looking in the wrong spot (as always).  If I purchase a book (ex: Xanathar's Guide To Everything ), do I need to be the GM to use the information like the subclasses, or can I use them as just a player?  If I can use them as just a player, can everyone in the current game use them as well? Reason I ask this is that a group of friends played for the last year on a campaign and I bought the person who's playing DM a book to make it easier to play the subclasses I wanted to play.  Now that that adventure has ended, another member of the group will be running a session and he doesn't have any of the books.  Just seeing if there's an easy solution.
1579902510
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
My understanding is this: 1. Things you have purchased will show up for you in the compendium. 2.  You can't share your compendium unless you are the game creator.
1579911403
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kraynic said: My understanding is this: 1. Things you have purchased will show up for you in the compendium. 2.  You can't share your compendium unless you are the game creator. 2a. Clarification: You can be the game creator and promote another player to be GM. The compendium will still be shared. Creator ≠ GM.