Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Weather Overlays Do Not Work

Edited 1579994848
<a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/3798/weather-overlays" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/3798/weather-overlays</a> Bought these yesterday. Tried to drop them into my game. Dropped them in, expanded them to cover the map are I wanted and then...nothing. What gives?
Gold
Forum Champion
Not positive (and not an official answer), I haven't tried the weather overlays yet, but there is a setting in your game under the settings icon, that turns Animations On / Off. I would guess check to make sure animations are turned ON.

Edited 1579990932
Thanks. I have confirmed that " Enable animated graphics " in the settings dialog is checked, and the animations are still not working. FWIW, I'm using chrome. Is there a setting in chrome I need to check? When I click the sample animations on the market place, they animate quickly and appear to run fine.&nbsp;

Edited 1579992089
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
"then...nothing" Is the overlay not animating? Can you be more precise? I use the weather overlays as well.&nbsp; Make sure the token's animation is not paused.
The tokens for the weather overlay drop onto the map, just like one would expect from a regular token, but they remain static. They don't animate. How do you unpause a token? where is that setting? I've already confirmed that my game's setting include allowing animation&nbsp;

Edited 1579992458
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I added an image to my post that shows the controls(play/pause) for animated tokens. Also, I've noticed if I change to another tab and come back to the vtt, my overlay may sometimes just display as a white box.&nbsp; I normally just toggle the enable animation setting in the sidebar to get it to refresh/animate.

Edited 1579993403
There is no play button on my tokens:
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You say you have enabled animation in the settings sidebar as Gold suggested above, so the controls should be showing. I would suggest deleting your cache and reloading the game. That shouldn't be necessary, but then, it should be working, so it's worth a try.

Edited 1579995399
SOLVED - I was accessing the animations from my library - "recent uploads" rather than "Premium Assets" --&gt; "Marketplace Purchases" --&gt; "Weather Overlays". The second way is the correct way and works fine.The play button shows up and everything appears to run mostly fine, although it's causing my CPU to crank pretty hard.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks for sharing the solution.
Do you experience problems with the GIF going black and laggy when stretching it across all the screen? This was the issue some time ago when I stopped trying to use weather overlays.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Maelorn said: Do you experience problems with the GIF going black and laggy when stretching it across all the screen? This was the issue some time ago when I stopped trying to use weather overlays. I get that whenever I stop having Roll20 as my active tab then go back again it's a real PITA and I have to refresh the page to get the lovely animated weather active again.