Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API Server Issue Mega-thread - Error downloading scripts (probably no scripts exist for campaign.)

I am getting the error 'Error downloading scripts (probably no scripts exist for campaign.)' in my API Output Console. Just the one line of text. I started a new game and started loading scripts into it and no scripts will work. In campaigns where I already have scripts, they all work but in any other campaign that does not currently have scripts, I cannot load any.
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I have the exact same thing.  I was debugging an API, and one time after a save I got the error above. I messed around with it for a few minutes and then gave up, closed the tabs and went to bed. It is now many hours later, and it is still saying this! restart API sandbox foes nothing.  I can select a script, and save it, in which case it says saved, but nothing ever changes in the console log. Just Error download scripts ....
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's been reported in Pro and API as well.  The API servers are down.  
Hey all - Thank you for the reports. I have DevOps taking a look at this right now - we'll try to get you back to gaming as normal as quickly as we can. We appreciate your patience!
Hey everyone -  So we can keep reports and communication consolidated, we're going to use this thread for all future reports and communication regarding this issue. Thanks in advance for your patience! 
Hello all -  Update: DevOps is still looking into this. Some of our API servers are having a hard time starting up, but we're on it and should have you back to gaming here shortly. 
Hey everyone -  We've been given the all-clear by DevOps that the API servers are running again and good to go! Would you all mind restarting the API sandboxes on your games, re-testing them, and letting me know the results, please? Thank you!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
They are working again
Works again for me too. Since 4:59PM (CEST)
Chris D.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, mine seem OK now as well. Thanks!
Working. Thank you!!!
Still getting the error on my end.
One of my games is okay, but my other one is not.

Edited 1580072936
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hey Faik & Michael G. -  Would you mind providing me with the exact names of the games still experiencing the problem, please?
Lars K.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
My games are working again, thanks :)
Hi Nicholas, The game is called 'Waterdhavian Interests: Dungeon of the Mad Mage'. Thanks.
Hi Faik -  Hmmm, it looks like your game's API might be kind of "stuck" due to the previous issues we've had over the last two days. However, I was able to create a full copy of that game, reinstall your API scripts, and they seem to be working now. I went ahead and sent you a link to that copied game over private message. Would you testing the API on it from your end and letting me know the results, please?
My game and scripts seems to be operational again. Thank you!
Mine are still not working.......Seriously guys....
Hi Matt - Our sincerest apologies for the trouble - let me take a look and see what I can do to resolve. Would you mind providing me the name(s) of your games in which the issue is still occurring? Thank you for your patience!
Strange, I am also setting up a Mad Mage and getting this same scripting error.  I just created the game on 1/30/20 and after adding some of the standard scripts I use, Error downloading Scrips.  All my older games have no such issue. Game name is just Mad Mage

Edited 1580452566
Issi
Pro
I am experiencing this issue as well. The only script I am trying to use is the 5th Edition OGL. The name of my campaign is Dungeons & iDragons Tech Edit: I created a copy of my campaign, and the API seems to be working for the copy

Edited 1580489325
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll20 you are having some type of intermittent issue with your API servers.  I reported a problem yesterday along with quite a few related issues (charactermancer not working, etc) all related to API that went away after a short period of time.  Again the problem reported today.  I just restarted my API server and got a indexOf error out of SendChat.  I waited a bit and restarted and that problem went away.   I'm also seeing this issue manifest a bit differently.  I'm reorganizing some of my in jukebox music and I'm listening to tracks and consistently now for about the last 15 minutes, after playing a few tracks, another track doesn't play and shows 0 length.  When I refresh browser, it works.   Also, the slow performance issues reported off and on for a while now, are suddenly back for me.  Was fine this morning.  Now I'm getting noticeably slower performance.  This issue may stay for a while or go away.   Very intermittent issues.  The hardest to find.  

Edited 1580491701
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hey Victor B. -  Thanks for pointing this out - I have our development team looking into it and I'll get back to you with additional information as soon as I can!