Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Randomized attack name from character sheet.

Hello everyone. I'm attempting to make an attack from my character sheet(D&D 5e by Roll20) have a randomized name in a savage attack name motif. I like sticking with the look of attacks from the character sheet so I'm trying to avoid using a macro. From my googling I've seen that a rollable table is likely my best option for this, but I can't seem to quite get it right. After setting up my rollable table, named Savage, I can plug in [1t[Savage]] into the attack's name field I get the randomized result like I want, but it's greyed out in the output and is followed by a slew of jargon (~-JfazZOUVWE5yB5cqyJr|repeating_attack_-LzbSPUFWoeBscy1fkO3_attack_dmg). When plugging in [[1t[Savage]]] I simply get the number 0. Thanks for sticking with the post and for any help you may be able to give.
1580175782

Edited 1580175904
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
It appears the sheet turns the weapon's name into a button that can display the attack's damage.  There seems to be a conflict with rolling on the Savage table, getting the result, posting it wrapped in the necessary code to make the button.  Perhaps a timing issue...?  So, you're getting the randomized result (wonderful), but also the link to damage jargon. ;-(  Normally you would only see a "clickable" weapon name and the (link to display damage code) is never seen.  Not what your wanting, but you could insert " [[1t[Savage]]] " in the Range field on melee attacks, and it will display properly. I'll play around a little more and post back if I discover something new. Cheers
Thank you so much for looking into this! With your info I found a work around, which is to change the sheet options to auto roll damage & crit, thus skipping any need to create the button for the damage roll. If nothing else that's a passable workaround as the only down side to that is the occasional sadness of seeing a missed attack that would have rolled max damage.
1580186583
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Glad you found a solution.