Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Does Anyone Know How to Reliably Make a Copy of a Page?

How do you make an actual duplicate of a Page? The API Script True Page Copy does not work. It simply doesn't. When I tried to use it, it copied one graphic element and copied it over, and that's all it did. Just that one. I've got a page that I need to duplicate because the duplicate is going to be the second floor of two buildings, and the original is the first floor. There's terrain outside and I want the trees, paths, and rocks in the same place. Copying and pasting has been a nightmare. So, is there any reliable way to duplicate a page?
As far as I know thats not possible. Sorry. There probably is a thread in the suggestions forum about this issue.
Michael S. said: I've got a page that I need to duplicate because the duplicate is going to be the second floor of two buildings, and the original is the first floor. There's terrain outside and I want the trees, paths, and rocks in the same place. Copying and pasting has been a nightmare. So, is there any reliable way to duplicate a page? I see you have a Pro account. Have to games, copy the first floor (with all of your trees, rocks, etc) to the second game, rename it, and copy it back. Now you have an exact copy. Change the interior of the building to meet your 2nd floor requirements.  Copy the page with the Transmorgrifier tool: sorry, I almost forgot to mention how to copy it to the other game. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
As for why the True Page Copy failed, it might be that the assets on the page were Marketplace assets. The API has no access to those. Graphics that are uploaded by you (even if they were previously downloaded to your computer from the Marketplace) do not have these restrictions. Regarding Transmogrification, there are still some caveats. From this post : The Aaron  said: I feel like Nolan talked about making a real duplicate functionality in one of the recent round tables. You might look at the last few for potential hope.  One note for people using the Transmogrifier Duplication Method: there is a bug that will break your interaction with the API on pages duplicated that way. Any objects on the page will retain their "unique" ids, meaning they won't be unique anymore and the API won't be able to reference the right one. 
keithcurtis said: As for why the True Page Copy failed, it might be that the assets on the page were Marketplace assets. The API has no access to those. Graphics that are uploaded by you (even if they were previously downloaded to your computer from the Marketplace) do not have these restrictions. Regarding Transmogrification, there are still some caveats. From this post : The Aaron  said: I feel like Nolan talked about making a real duplicate functionality in one of the recent round tables. You might look at the last few for potential hope.  One note for people using the Transmogrifier Duplication Method: there is a bug that will break your interaction with the API on pages duplicated that way. Any objects on the page will retain their "unique" ids, meaning they won't be unique anymore and the API won't be able to reference the right one. Ah, that's exactly the issue. All of the graphics except for one piece were Marketplace purchases. And the one piece that was actually copied was a Marketplace purchase but had to be modified in GiMP before bringing it back in. So, you're saying I have to upload every piece of this map into my personal library, and remake it for True Page Copy to work? Ugh. There's, like, 50 pieces or so. That is daunting and I probably won't do it. I mean, player immersion is great and all, but that's getting a little ridiculous. And Transmogrifier won't work either? Ugh. This very simple thing--making a duplicate of a page--has become a real headache.
The Transmogrifier is great for this. I use it all the time with no trouble. Can you elaborate on your concerns with the API needing to access images? Do you have a script interacting with certain elements of the map? If so, you could just remove those elements, transmogrify the page, then add them back in so they are unique. Do you really need every piece to interact with the API?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sorry if I gave you the impression Transmogrifier won't work. Unless you are referring to any of the piece by ID (even less likely since the are Marketplace images) the method above should do the job handily. It should only be a problem if you refer to pieces by ID in the API. (There might be a problem with token initiative, but I am not sure about that). Just replace any tokens that represent characters, but all the map and DL stuff should be fine.
keithcurtis said: Regarding Transmogrification, there are still some caveats. From this post : Hmm, interesting. Six years of using it to duplicate maps, and never a problem like this. But then again I am not running boatloads scripts that interact with graphics. Just tokens for monsters and characters. I find it a quick way to duplicate maps, etc.