Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question for someone in the know

Hello, my question is this:  Roll20 seems to make the D20 if a 20 is rolled default to a green 20 and if a 1 is rolled to red 1. I play a game that a 2 on the die 20 is significant if it is rolled as well as an 18 or 19. Is there any way to make those rolls appear a different color. For example, a 2 to be orange and an 18 or 19 a light green.  If not well that is how it goes but I thought I'd ask. Thank you 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Probably not with that much fine control, but you could look at this recent thread for some ideas.
Is it possible to use a character map for the font and use a greater than or equal to sign? in the [[1d20cf<1cf=19cs>19]] that this person is using. I am trying to figure out a way to get a "2" to show up a different color and an 18 and 19.  I am struggling to get this to work due to ignorance on the use of such things I'm afraid. 
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, Aramathis. This article in the wiki might help you figure out how to denote different numbers as criticals. If you're making a character sheet, you could then also use roll templates  and CSS to style the results as you wish. The class for a critical success is "fullcrit", and the class for a fumble is "fullfail," if that helps you when writing your CSS.
Thanks, Stephanie! When I started a few months ago I tried to get help with someone programing and it ended badly as I don't have 20,000 dollars for him to make a sheet hehe.  I have learned a good bit of HTML and have made one now that works great but I still lack CSS knowledge to use CSS correctly. My sheet uses numerous macros that are working great with a bit of guidance from good people like Keithcurtis and others.  I will look for sure at the article. Thanks again :) 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Aramathis said: Is it possible to use a character map for the font and use a greater than or equal to sign? in the [[1d20cf<1cf=19cs>19]] that this person is using. I am trying to figure out a way to get a "2" to show up a different color and an 18 and 19.  I am struggling to get this to work due to ignorance on the use of such things I'm afraid.  You're doing fine. The problem is that this solution is very limited (hence my "no fine control"). I don't think you can achieve the full effect you are looking for without the API or a custom sheet/roll template and Stephanie pointed out.
Thanks, Keith! I will have to play around with the Custom sheet/roll templates as what I have now has been working so I haven't until now attempted an upgrade to my sheet such as this. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Aramathis said: Thanks, Keith! I will have to play around with the Custom sheet/roll templates as what I have now has been working so I haven't until now attempted an upgrade to my sheet such as this.  Hi Armathis, I would suggest posting your question in the character sheets and compendium forum.  If you already have a roll template for your custom sheet, you might post the appropriate section of code as well.
Thank you, Vince, I will try that!