Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

GM Info Overlay Layer, and GM Token Storage Layer

Basically, what I'd like is an additional GM layer.  The GM layer is fantastic for putting an overlay over the map (for example, trap locations, room numbering, room names, etc).  It is also fantastic as a place to store monster tokens until I drop them onto the map.  Unfortunately, it is bad at doing both of these things at once.  If I store my overlay on the same layer as my tokens, it is almost inevitable that I accidentally drop the info overlay onto the objects/tokens map when trying to move an orc into active use.  Anyway, a second GM layer seems like a fairly easy thing to implement, and it would make my life way easier. 
+1
This suggestion has some merit. Here's how I've worked around this issue myself: restrict movement and dynamic lightning "boxes" to hide those important tokens you (GM) are hiding until later on.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .