Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

cthulhu Roll20 official sheet // how to make a simple macro? or add a shortcut

Hello, I would like to know how to make just a simple macro, like DEX or SAN ckeck? Is there a way to have a shortcut with any roll ? this sheet is such a mess.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I just made a test game, and it seems to work like this: 1:  Be sure your sheet is not in edit mode (switch in the upper right corner). 2:  Select what you want to roll, and it will highlight in yellow. 3:  Click the big die icon next to the "Whisper to Keeper" switch, and it will roll for whatever is selected. Does that work for you?
Yes this is the way to roll a check with the sheet, but how can i make macro for this roll ? I don't want to have to open any sheet all the time, just select  a token and roll a check with a macro. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Darshyne, you should look into the Universal Chat Menus API. I don't believe there is a Cthulhu macro yet, but it should solve your problem.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Did you look at the Attributes & Abilities tab (I didn't when I did that quick check)?  It didn't look like that sheet had a lot of repeating sections, so most things should be listed there to have easy access to what they are named.

Edited 1580373619
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I think the issue is going to be with the dice pool.  It looks like the sheet is designed to process rolls using action buttons and sheetworkers.  IMO, this makes for a very versatile sheet roll, but makes it much more difficult to to create custom ability macros.   here's a copy of the sheet's dice pool roller(I replaced the character name with "selected" for more flexibility) @{selected|roll_whisper} &{template:callofcthulhu} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{title=@{selected|roll_name_parsed}}} {{roll=[[1d100cs1cf>@{selected|roll_cf}]]}} {{roll_difficulty=[[@{selected|roll_difficulty}]]}} {{roll_type=@{selected|roll_type}}} {{roll_target=[[@{selected|roll_target} + (@{selected|roll_modifier})]]}} {{roll_bonus=[Roll Bonus/Penalty Dice](~@{selected|character_id}|bonus)}} {{roll_push=[Push the Roll](~@{selected|character_id}|default)}} In theory, I think you should be able to substitute the appropriate attributes (you'll probably need to use the browser's context menu - "Inspect" tool on the various sheet fields to learn the attribute's name if the attributes & abilities isn't easily deciphered.  ie Which attributes go with which fields...?) to make a particular type of roll (ie Strength, Sanity, etc.) 
Thank you Vince, it's working except for the "push the roll" button that still use the selected skill in the sheet. Maybe there is a way to change the [Push the Roll](~@{selected|character_id}|default) in the macro.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Darshyne said: Thank you Vince, it's working except for the "push the roll" button that still use the selected skill in the sheet. Maybe there is a way to change the [Push the Roll](~@{selected|character_id}|default) in the macro. How does the push the roll mechanic work in CoC?
I's a only a new dice roll :) 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Darshyne said: I's a only a new dice roll :)  Some dice pool systems require you to modify the pool or maybe the challenge level increases, etc. If nothing changes, seems like you could remove {{roll_push}} from your macros and simply re-roll the same macro when pushing...