Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help][D&D 3.5] Character sheet: English alphabetical order for the French translation

Hello, First of all, I am sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, I cannot use the search feature of the website (it returns an error). I am a French member, somewhat accustomed to the French version of the "D&D 3.5E" character sheet. In all games I am a player of, the "skills" tab of the character sheet is set up so that all skills, translated in French, are in French alphabetical order: Example: The two first skills in the French sheet are "Acrobatie" (Tumble) and "Art de la Magie" (Spellcraft). I recently started my own game, using 3.5 rules. I obviously included the "D&D 3.5E" sheet in my game. To my surprise, even though the skills are translated in French, they are ordered using the English alphabetical order. Example: The two first skills in the new French sheet are "Estimation" (Appraise) and "Equilibre" (Balance). This is obviously going to prove problematic for my players (and myself), as I don't think it is possible for all of them to switch to full English. From what I gather, the creation of a game session can lead to different versions of the same character sheet being used. In the older play session I am a player of (started late 2018), the character sheet is " D&D3.5e Character Sheet v2.6.23" while in the one I recently tried to create, it is " D&D3.5e Character Sheet v2.7.8 ". For now this is the only difference I can find. I would be extremely happy for any help on the subject. I also wonder if maybe I should contact the author of this character sheet. Thank you very much.
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi, The older sheet you were using was translated into french directly by someone; it does not use the auto-translate function that the newer sheet uses.&nbsp; I am afraid that I have not yet figured out how to have the list sort to french (or other language) order with the auto-translate function; my programming skills are still fairly basic. The older french translated sheet can be found on github at: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/D%26D_3-5-fr" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/D%26D_3-5-fr</a> .&nbsp; It looks like Roll20 no longer has it listed in the sheet template drop-down.&nbsp; A user with a Pro subscription could get the files from the github link and install them in their game to use the older french-translated version of the sheet.&nbsp; If you were to go Pro for one month, you could make a number of games and install the sheet in them to use as needed for future games/campaigns. Hope this helps.&nbsp;
Thank you very much. I will think about going pro I guess. It is kind of a bummer to have to do that considering everything was alright before. I don't know if I could get anything from asking the site admins for a solution on the subject. Have a nice day (or night, wherever you are)