Before we get started, I’ll mention that I am very much new to D&D, as well as tabletop RPGs in general. I only recently bought myself the starter set, and even though I’ve looked through the manuals as well as some videos to get a basic understanding of the mechanics, and have a brother and one or two friends who might be interested, they’d probably end up getting bored trying to learn how to play unless I have enough basic experience to have a shot at being an effective GM for the game. For that, I think it’d be best to start as a player with someone who knows their way around it. I do at least have a character sheet prepared, so the only other thing I would need is to have Roll20’s interface explained to me when necessary. Ideally, we could play through the Lost Mine of Phandelver campaign included with the set that I own, just to get a better grasp of what to expect when GMing for it, otherwise any similar campaigns without any major homebrew features would be fine with me.