Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about why animated tokens stop being "animated" if !summon is used

Hello all, I'm not sure if this question is best sent to the creators of the referenced script or as a general question for the Roll 20 moderators. When I drag an animated token onto the screen, it continues to be animated - meaning that it cycles through its animation and then repeats.  If, however, I use the script !summon (originally created by GM King but later adjusted by The Arron) to bring the animated token onto the screen, it appears to go through one cycle of its animation and then stop.  Is there a way !summon the animated token onto the screen and have it continue to be "animated" ? Regards Barry
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Last I checked, animated tokens were not yet well supported for the API. I'll have to do some investigation. 
Thanks for the reply Aaron.  I was unaware of this.  I suspected it was an issue on my end.  Now I know.   Regards, Barry
Mino
Marketplace Creator
I tried using animated tokens as well for a similar purpose, but it seems creating the artwork through the API is just buggy at the moment. I'd consider lending support to this suggestion  in order to bring attention to the feature request to the devs.