Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Roll20 Tabletop is up and running. Voice and Video service is degraded due to unusually high traffic. Read more...
Create a free account

Macro to play sound

Hi, I am looking to make a macro that allows to play a specific sound effect. I have already stumbled upon the Audiomaster script however it seems like that has not been updated since the jukebox has been updated - so not sure if it would work. Thanks in advance.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Roll20AM should work just fine with the jukebox. The updates to the jukebox were interface changes, not changes to the underlying system.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The latest version from the One Click install works fine with the current jukebox. You should have no issues.
So, I uploaded a track after installing the script, it's called Ping. Tried  !roll20AM --audio,play|Ping, but nothing happens - the sound doesn't play.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Did you import the jukebox? Roll20 AM works off of an internal database that it pulls from the jukebox. Run these commands after making any change to the Jukebox and that should keep them in sync. (!roll20AM --config,remove !roll20AM --config,import A lot of the updated documentation is hidden in the official thread, unfortunately, The stuff on the One Click page is a little sparse.

Edited 1582091373
 I have now imported my tracks and set this one to be accessible to players. However, when they click the button I have created them (I instructed them how to add this to their macro bars), they say the sound does not play. I have tested this by rejoining my game as a player from the settings tab and indeed they're right. The macro simply says  !roll20AM --audio,play|Ping

Edited 1582095132
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The config menu controls who can use the interface. Many GMs do not want their players to be able to control the jukebox. The documentation is not quite up to date on the wiki. There are three modes of access , controlled by the main menu: None (no player access to tracks or playlists), Full (full access to tracks or playlists), Limited (GM has to go through tracks and playlists and click the padlock icon in order to enable access) Here are the dialog boxes in order to grant full access: Victor, if you're reading this, I have added the three undocumented commands at the end of the config menu to the wiki.
So if I were to set Limited access there, they would be able to access the tracks where the padlock is open, and only those? 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I believe so, though you might want to test before game time with a  Dummy Account .