Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[Paid] Group of 5 players looking for an experienced DM.

1582259958

Edited 1582266744
Hey, we've got 5 players who use Discord and Roll20. We just need a DM to run the show. All new characters (published content) starting from level 1-5. Current plan for us is Friday nights. 21+ years of age. Pay is 10$ per session (total, not per person). At least 3 hour sessions.    We're looking for a DM who can essentially do three things: 1) Give players options to go off the linear story line (we'll find our way back to the overarching plot eventually), 2) Provide an experience that actually cares about specific mechanics such as weight management, rationing food, each player's known languages, etc., 3) A heavy focus on RP over combat. Probably like 60% RP to 40% combat or even 70% RP to 30% combat.  Leave a comment or message me if you're interested. I'll add you to the Discord and we can discuss details and see if everything would be a good fit. Thanks for your consideration!
Hey! I posted something similar to what you looking for the other day. If you haven't found a DM and are interested in Curse of Strahd, hit me up!
Professional DMs set their price, not the players.
1582402453

Edited 1582402534
20+ yrs experience, published ttrpg writer, several discord servers, official website/YT/podcast & more in production via an upcoming gaming/promotional co...if you're interested, I could definitely make things work. And pricing would be $10 per person, as DMs would set their pricing, as mentioned; unless otherwise agreed upon. 
Is the system 5E? Players Ages? I don't charge for my games, but do use a lot of house rules and home brew material.
Sent a PM
The Dungeon Master said: Professional DMs set their price, not the players. I feel like I shouldn't have to say this but I'm gonna.  I'm a professional DM and if players want to pay their DM for playing with them? Then that's really cool because most of the time DM's don't get paid at all. Please do not go around smacking people down for offering to pay their DM for time and energy.  Be a professional about it.
Dungeon Inc said: The Dungeon Master said: Professional DMs set their price, not the players. I feel like I shouldn't have to say this but I'm gonna.  I'm a professional DM and if players want to pay their DM for playing with them? Then that's really cool because most of the time DM's don't get paid at all. Please do not go around smacking people down for offering to pay their DM for time and energy.  Be a professional about it. Call up a plumber and tell them how much you will pay them then if you are so knowledgeable about how a professional works...
1582416933

Edited 1582419694
Jens F.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Depending on how urgently you want to start… A few weeks after Easter, I plan to start up a campaign to run over summer. I know this is a bit into the future, but a campaign is a long commitment and some planning might be a good thing.   I would define it as : More fairy tale than fantasy, more adventure than action. It will be semi-political, in the same way Zorro or Robin Hood is political. A lot of the game will revolve around local NPCs   Practical stuff -It is a local sandbox style. Meaning free options within a geographical region, a few days travel in all directions. -Levling is slow paced. Enjoy the moment. It also is less important because there is a focus on social interactions -I don’t charge for games (keeping track of taxes is more work than it is worth. Always get a receipt when you buy services. Tax evaders ruin fair competition). -The adventure is about level 1 to 5. I have no further material to continue after that point, but hey, that’s a later problem. -Personality is everything. I see it as an advantage that you are a group of friends, but I will need som sort of presentation. -TIME …what time-zone are you in?
1582567674

Edited 1582568763
The Dungeon Master said: Dungeon Inc said: The Dungeon Master said: Professional DMs set their price, not the players. I feel like I shouldn't have to say this but I'm gonna.  I'm a professional DM and if players want to pay their DM for playing with them? Then that's really cool because most of the time DM's don't get paid at all. Please do not go around smacking people down for offering to pay their DM for time and energy.  Be a professional about it. Call up a plumber and tell them how much you will pay them then if you are so knowledgeable about how a professional works... except none of us are plumbers with a full-fledged business and service line. we are all looking for active commissioners, you have to go with what's out there and see what you can get if you have a service you offer that's great, but if someone is not willing to buy or go with that offer for one reason or another then that is their choice and if that person wishes to Commission someone for the budget they offer with there ad then they can do that.  if you are a professional then please be so, as they are the ones reaching out with an offer so let them be and don't force your idea of what this service should be on them other than that i hope you (candyman) and your group have a wonderful time and find a great dm for you seem like a good bunch
If you  are happy to make and run a game for $10 then more power to you.  I charge more than that per person for the level of work I put in, and 90%+ of the professional DMs I am familiar with charge similar rates if not much more. I was trying to be helpful and let them know that a professional DM will let them know how much they charge and they can take it or leave it, but that offering such a low amount was akin to dangling a baitless hook and hoping for a bite. Remember kids, in D&D, as in life, you usually get what you pay for...
The DM is right - I am also a paid gm - and 10 dollars per person per session does not cover anything really- 4-hour sessions - so 4 players a group = 10 an hour just to run - not the set up not the books etc.