Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Stealth+Sneak

I was wondering if you can make a macro that if you enter stealth it would also click a box for your sneak attack so when you make an attack it will add that damage. Currently I have to manually click the box when I stealth then remove it, I am a player in a game so not able to use API as Dm does not run them.
Dumbhuman
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Avoiding API solutions and assuming the 5E OGL character sheet, I'd suggest just setting up your Sneak Attack damage to be a custom attack instead of a global damage modifier.  You can uncheck the attack section so that it only rolls damage dice, but don't forget to remove the ability modifier and make the type something like "same damage type as previous attack". Then you'd only need to click it when Sneak Attack applies rather than worry about checking and unchecking the global damage modifier field.

Edited 1582605826
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Create an ability called "Sneak Attack" on you Attributes and Abilities tab. Here's mine, but adjust for correct number of dice: &{template:npcaction} {{rname=Sneak Attack}}{{description=[[3d6]] Sneak Attack Damage +[[3d6]] on a crit}} In each weapon your character typically uses, add this line to the end of the Description field: [Sneak Attack](~NAMEOFYOURCHARACTER|Sneak-Attack) Your attack will look something like this: You click the "Sneak Attack" button to generate the sneak attack damage. You just decide when it should be clicked. It's a little bit of set up, but you are not likely to have a huge number of weapons to modify.

Edited 1583528966
This is similar to Keith's solution but I prefer to take the math out of my own hands and having to remember when my sneak attack dice go up and so on and so forth.  Sneak Attack default template &{template:default} {{name=Shortsword Attack}} {{Attack roll = [[ 1d20 + [[ @{YourCharacterNameHere|dexterity_mod} + @{YourCharacterNameHere|pb} ]] ]] }} {{Damage on hit = [[ 1d6 + @{YourCharacterNameHere|dexterity_mod} + ?{Sneak Attack|No, 0|Yes, [[ ceil((@{YourCharacterNameHere|base_level}  ) / 2) ]]d6 [Sneak Attack]} ]] }} {{Critcal Damage = [[ 1d6 + @{YourCharacterNameHere|dexterity_mod} + ?{Sneak Attack|No, 0|Yes, [[ ceil((@{YourCharacterNameHere|base_level} ) / 2) ]]d6 [Sneak Attack]} }} or this is Keith's idea just with my math and a query so you can choose if it's a sneak attack or not. Sneak Attack Query ?{Sneak Attack|No, 0|Yes, [[ ceil((@{ YourCharacterNameHere |base_level}  ) / 2) ]]d6 [Sneak Attack]}