Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Never played but looking for a DM to teach me 1 on 1

Hi there, I'm brand new to D&D and have never played. I am, however, extremely interested in learning the ropes. I would love if an experienced DM has some time to play with me and teach me. I'm a bit fearful of joining a group as I wouldn't want to frustrate players with my lack of knowledge of the game. Some things I have learned upon researching are a few basic do's and don'ts (i.e. min-maxing/powergaming, metagaming, not sharing the spotlight, etc. are generally frowned upon), I did skim entirely through the 5e handbooks (DM's Guide, Player Handbook, and Monster Manual) to try and get a better grasp on things. But I believe if I had an experienced DM teach me the basics by giving a little structure in a casual setting one-on-one, I would gain the confidence to participate in more games with more players. I am very available time-wise as I work from home and make my own hours. In fact, I could even play right now if someone were willing. I appreciate any response to my thread and if you need any other info I'd be glad to share! Please note; this is my first post on the forums. I've attempted to reach out to a couple people through private messages but there seems to be an issue going on with my Chrome browser and I'm getting a "Not authorized" message when I attempt to send a PM to anyone. I've tried a few things but am still running into the same issue. So if there is another way you'd be able to communicate, such as Discord, email, etc, I'd be happy to talk there! Thanks! :)
Hello! I'm a long time DM who loves to see new people get into D&D The idea of helping you out sounds great! and I have no problems with 1 on 1's. Hit me up if you're still looking for a guide into D&D! My discord is Kay#1734. Send me a friend request and a message!
i could walk u through stuff if needed PM me if u still need it and ill give u my discord
Pro DM/Published TTRPG writer, RPG event host, & more with over 2 decades experience- if you need any help feel free to shoot me a pm!