Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

New player creating a character

Hi, do I need to create a character before attempting to join a game, or do I need to wait for guidelines given by a game's DM? Are there services for creating a "character sheet", or do I just type it up in Word? Never played a Table Top RPG before, so I don't really know much about the setup.
1583461308
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Most GMs will prefer you create a character according to the needs and guidelines of the campaign. However, nothing prevents you from making characters on your own. Any user can create their own game and build as many characters as they like. If your GM allows, you can move any of these characters into their game using the Character Vault .
Thank you. I thought only subscribers could make a game. That makes it a lot easier