Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Complete beginner. Don't have a clue what I'm doing. Please don't scare me away.

Hello all. My name is Alex, I'm from the UK and at the age of 35 have only just found the world of roleplaying games. Specifically D&D. I don't have a clue what to do or where to begin. I have purchased the essentials pack which is on the way. Any and all help and advice most appreciated.
Hey man. Glad to have you! The best thing you can do is hop in to a noob friendly one shot. This is a one play session game meant specifically for new players as opposed to a  long running campaign. One with someone who is willing to take the time to really run you through character creation. Of course read your players handbook when it comes in that's the only book you need to know to play. And hey, if you wanna get a feel for the game before that check out an episode of critical role or one of the many other fantastic D&D streams on twitch. 
1583596532
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I would recommend checking out Mattymorgs on twitch. He does a lot of character creation streams along with other streams.