Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e][Westmarch][Free][Discord][Open-Shared World][Voice] Looking for DMs and Players for Established World

Edited 1586118213
Introduction The twin suns of Eradael sit high in the sky, revealing the endless tracks of territory below. Sorcery, war, and political machinations permeate the land. Fair-folk, eldritch beings, great legends, and dark horrors hide across the land. Magic runs free and wild and a little bit of it sits within every person, every word spoken, and every strand of reality's weave. The Eastern Kingdoms have crossed the Abyssal Sea over a thousand years ago, passing through the infinitely wide Wave-Gate, and yet the West remains largely unexplored and uncivilized. This is where adventure hides. This is where you'll play and shape the world itself. Everyone is Welcome I've been DM'ing in this world for some time. I've made it up over a long time. It's a high-fantasy ever-changing setting of high magic and terrible realism. My current long-term party runs in this setting. The world has been heavily influenced by games like the Elder Scrolls, along with mythology, and political history. I'm now looking for any and all 18+ players who are interested in jumping into a Westmarch style game to run concurrently&nbsp;with my party and any parties other DMs may want to start up. We'll organize via Discord and my current party are already ready and raring to jump in and play with other players and other DMs. For DMs I have an entire singular region set up for this "new world" of the west. There are two other regions, one to the north and another to the south of the one my party plays in. Each region accounts for a thousand miles or so of territory and is boxed in by the Abyssal&nbsp;Sea and the massive Drakenip Mountains that cut down the continent. Other DMs could expand into the wilder and less civilized regions if they'd like and any DM can send any party into any region, but I'm currently looking for DMs to flesh out their own regions however they'd like. DMs will be given a region and be told to create whatever they'd like. You can run weekly parties, one-shots, crossovers, etc. You can create whatever you'd like collaboratively&nbsp;with all of the other DMs. I'll create hex maps for you and let you go wild with them. Your organizations, cities, in-game books, gods, etc, will all be added to the collaborative&nbsp;wiki. An example of the ever-changing hex-map my party plays within:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.worldanvil.com/w/eradael-bcrotts/map/fc4a519a-9e53-4c39-97f2-724afa37dc26" rel="nofollow">https://www.worldanvil.com/w/eradael-bcrotts/map/fc4a519a-9e53-4c39-97f2-724afa37dc26</a> Each hex is 26 miles. Other Example of magic item wiki article:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.worldanvil.com/w/eradael-bcrotts/a/28damaged29-ring-of-quiescent-mana-collection-article" rel="nofollow">https://www.worldanvil.com/w/eradael-bcrotts/a/28damaged29-ring-of-quiescent-mana-collection-article</a> Example of in-game lore book:&nbsp; <a href="https://www.worldanvil.com/w/eradael-bcrotts/a/on-the-other2C-volume-i-article" rel="nofollow">https://www.worldanvil.com/w/eradael-bcrotts/a/on-the-other2C-volume-i-article</a> Very W.I.P wiki home-page (links to be filled in as I get this community running):&nbsp; <a href="https://www.worldanvil.com/w/eradael-bcrotts" rel="nofollow">https://www.worldanvil.com/w/eradael-bcrotts</a> For Players Every race (minus elves, they don't really get seen often in this world)&nbsp;and class from official WOTC publishings are allowed in any combination. Unearthed Arcana content is allowed. Some tweaking lore-wise for some races may need to be explained.&nbsp;Multiclassing is allowed. By-the-book rulings for the most part, but the DM has the final say.
Im very interested in joining!&nbsp;CrusaderJack#2039 On discord :)
Sounds like a good deal, but I'm concerned about the "18+"? Is there going to be a problem with a 16 years player? The only thing is that my time is not very flexible in certain periods of the day. My Discord is&nbsp;Lord Rodrigues#6123
Awesome guys. Will be sending invites to everyone who reached out. Still room.&nbsp;
Interested. Tend to play Wizards or casters. Have played 3 TT campaigns. Relatively new to Roll20 but have gone through the tutorial. Would love to hear from you!
Yo! I´m interested in dming. But I want to ask some questions. Is it a bunch of ongoing campaigns that share the same setting and might interact, the type of west marches you have in mind? This is my discord: TheAstra#7352
We'd love to have you. DMs can run ongoing campaigns, one-shots, etc. It'll all be considered canon to every other group and every other group can play with any other as long as everyone is happy with the party composition. Any player can play anywhere in the world, pending the initial DM approval on the character write-up. DMs are welcome to DM for anyone they'd like in any way they'd like. So, for example, I'm running an ongoing fixed-party campaign atm. It's in-world and cannon. But I'll also be running one-shots, mini-arcs, etc, for Discord members. I also might grab another player to fill in for missing players in my ongoing campaign. DMs can run with anyone they'd like and are going to be given a ton of leeway to be as creative as they'd like. I'll post calendar and timekeeping info soon, though it's more of a malleable time system.

Edited 1583895218
All applicants will be accepted to join the server. Everyone's welcome. Still lookings for DMs. Though we've picked one or possibly two up atm. New players welcome and I'll personally help you learn the ropes.

Edited 1584328475
Id be willing to DM. I have done West March similar shared campaigns before. I love doing them. I'm 27 Male EST.&nbsp;&nbsp; I have 8 years of DND experience, mostly with 5e. I've done 2 similar type of campaigns with approximately 20-30 active players and 4 dms at it's height. If there's anything specific you would like to know more about me and my dming style let me know.
I'd love to join as a player, I have little experience with a West Marches style campaign though I have seen podcasts of them so I know what to expect and am very interested. I've been playing 5e since a few months after its release and have played a little bit of Pathfinder before that. If you have any questions for me my discord is&nbsp;MindKiller#5476
John T. said: I'd love to join as a player, I have little experience with a West Marches style campaign though I have seen podcasts of them so I know what to expect and am very interested. I've been playing 5e since a few months after its release and have played a little bit of Pathfinder before that. If you have any questions for me my discord is&nbsp;MindKiller#5476 Our Discord link is on the wiki. Feel free to jump on in!
The server is growing quickly, guys. Thanks for getting it there. Everyone is still invited and you're encouraged to bring your friends.
Really interested in joining as a player! No experience with west marches style games and limited online d&amp;d experience, but really keen on joining. Been playing 5e for maybe 2 years now. Discord is Tanat#2386

Edited 1584611230
Glad to see you jumped in. We've now got more than 25+ players, 5 DMs, multiple weekly one-shots and in-game parties, 4 regions of 1,000 in-game square miles each, multiple world maps, active text-roleplay channels, and an ever-growing lore-wiki of custom gods, monsters, etc. Hope to see more of you join up. Glad to have those who have.
Hey there guys I'd be really interested in joining as a player if you guys still have room, i've been wanting to get into DnD for quite a while but so far I only played in two campaigns both didn't last too long..anyways my discord is&nbsp;AnasTheWalker#8340

Edited 1584629306
No problem. We're happy to teach newer players the ropes as we go.
Hey everyone. This really sounds awesome and something I would be interested in joining as a player. I am completely new to d&amp;d though, other then listening to podcasts. If this is okay by discord is; Mordii#0907
Glad to have you. For those who like hex crawls: we've recently updated our hex maps and are about to launch a few new regions.
I'd love to join as well. I have 10 years of experience. However, I am 15 so if you're strictly limited to 18+, that would be an issue. If you're interested at all, my Discord is cicada#4313
Interested in playing.&nbsp; Played table top on and off since the 90s.&nbsp; Just getting into Roll20 ... this would be my first time and first time with discord too.

Edited 1584758990
Hello Brian, I am pretty much an absolute beginner. if you would be interested in having me as a player, id be willing to learn the ropes and i pick things up quickly. i have lots of crpg experience, including BG 1 &amp; 2 and NWN, if it matters at all&nbsp;(ik the rules changed by now). but that doesnt mean I am a min-maxer, powerplayer or anything alike(but i can be if necessary). btw whats the timezone?
You guys are all welcome to join. To answer Fabio's question, we don't mind new players at all and will help them learn the ropes as we can. As for timezone: we have around half a dozen DMs and are growing this number and allow guest-dm'ing. We have many different timezones.

Edited 1584801976
1. Here &nbsp; are a few of our new region maps you could be playing in, players! 2. DMs, we'll make one for you to do as you like with if you join up; the geography and lore of the region would be up to you. Hope to see some new faces.&nbsp;New regions and DMs coming soon.
For anyone who has a doubt if he/she would join, let me tell you that this open-shared world thing that I have never experienced before is more than just a neat idea... For the most part it gives you so much space to use for your character, not to mention the incredible people who run or play in the games, that occur very frequently. In overall if you need a D&amp;D game, this place will do a wonderful job for you.
Thanks a ton, Ethan. Man. Seeing you guys run food into the famished region you were set out to save, tonight, purely for the motive of profit was just genius. We've got a great bunch of players. Hopefully, everyone who's reading this and wants to give it a shot jumps in. We always have places at the table for both experienced and new folks alike.
Brian, thinking about giving this a shot with the (unfortunately) extra time most of us find ourselves with in today's world. Pretty new to tabletop RPGs, just wanted to ask, what version of D&amp;D are you using for this? Want to make sure I have a chance to read up on the rules and have at least a general idea for a character before trying to jump in. What you've started looks and sounds really cool!
Danny W. said: Brian, thinking about giving this a shot with the (unfortunately) extra time most of us find ourselves with in today's world. Pretty new to tabletop RPGs, just wanted to ask, what version of D&amp;D are you using for this? Want to make sure I have a chance to read up on the rules and have at least a general idea for a character before trying to jump in. What you've started looks and sounds really cool! DND 5e with all published material and most UA. Each DM also has their own style too, but mostly rules as written. I personally like to really expand on crafting, spell-research, and economics but that's just me--each DM is a little different but we all honor each other's decisions and game-rewards.
Hey Brian makes Adam. Would love to join in the adventure! Havesoe cool ideas just let me know where to start and let’s have some fun!
Id be interested in this as well if new players are allowed. I love the sound of the freedom of creation. Joined the link. Dragocap89
I would like an invite to the game.
Hi! I’m interested and would like an invite to the game :) My discoed is&nbsp; NauticalBliss#3272
Everyone is welcome to jump in; we don't mind helping new players learn the ropes at all. Tons of people have started playing DND altogether with us.&nbsp;
As our game quickly approaches one-hundred-active players, we've now introduced city-moderators. DM's that will be working under a moderator of a region to develop a city and it's entire surrounding area; they're allowed to act as fully-fledged DMs in their own right, without the responsibility or game-quota of a full-time DM. Really excited for this guys as it allows a deep fleshing out of the lore. If this sounds interesting for any DMs out there, then please do let me know. Also, we're still expanding quickly and very welcome to new players.
:)
We've recently released a few new city write-ups for our regions. We're now running games daily for those interested.
Crafting system rules have been designed. Enchanting system for server about to be released. Still looking for new players, experienced players, and Guest-DMs.
If you people don't want me in the server, just tell me don't kick me out...
Sounds very interesting, I'll have to check it out as a buddy of mine and I are looking for a campaign to join.
Im very interested in joining!&nbsp;Lord Chungus#0051 On discord :)
I'm interested my discord KΛLIBΞR#5430
I am very interested in joining. New to roll 20 but been playing tabletops for a few years now. Discord&nbsp;ShadowWolfe88#5901
I'd love to join if you'll have me&nbsp;Ramshackle Glory#8677
Invites all sent.&nbsp;
Hey, I'd be interested in joining up! I've played in a west marches game before, and I love the style. My discord @ is frootloopcoup#6047, drop me an invite if you guys have the space!
If the campaign is still rolling, I'd love to join. I'm a bit new to the West Marches style of D&amp;D but I'm willing and excited to learn more and play. My discord tag is&nbsp;LordMisfit#8164
Never played westmarches before, but I'm interested in trying it out. If there's still room my discord is Raksha#6787
wait was that someone's friend request that i declined.....