Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[Online][5e][Wednesday][7pm-11pm][EST] 5-6 players needed for a semi-longterm campaign

Introduction: Hello there, my name is Michael and I’ve been DMing for about 4 years. I currently looking for a group of 5-6 players, any level of experience is welcomed. The campaign will be set in a world I’ve been constructing for the last couple of months. We will be playing 5E D&D, utilizing Roll20, and Discord. (I may or may not be using World Anvil as sort of a tracker for the campaign, but that is still up in the air) The day of play is Wednesday 7pm-11pm EST. The length of this campaign is intended to be longterm. The Setting: The campaign will begin within one of two continents of Nidrath. The southern continent is home to the three kingdoms of man, surrounded by small clusters of dwarfs and elves, roaming bands of genasies. The northern continent is home to the clans of Varizok, groups of orcs, humans, elves, dwarfs, and a variety of other races all fighting for land. This is a brief glance at the main players that will drive the conflict of the game. What is Legal?: The game is 5E D&D, all officially released books from WoTC is allowed. If you would like to use Unearthed Arcana please run it by me. There is absolutely no homebrewed allowed if you are trying to go for a specific idea you can reskin a class from the already preexisting classes. There’s a lot of room for creativity here, and I am extremely flexible when it comes to the core rules. What to expect?: There are many things to expect from this campaign. As a DM I want to provide a dynamic story with moments of intensity, and lightheartedness, as well as an environment where all members feel comfortable inside and outside of the game. Our first three sessions will be a string of loosely connected one-shot that will help paint a broader picture of the world and its colors. Throughout these three weeks, we will begin the character creation process together, leading to our first session at the start of the fourth week. The first one-shot will be a wedding (specifics will be provided the day of), it will focus on the specific mechanics of Roll20, and D&D, as well as give everyone the opportunity to familiarize themselves with one another and my style of DMing. The second one-shot will be an escape from a camp, it will focus on the different styles of play in my campaign, and continue to familiarize everyone with one another. The third one-shot will be a bit of a surprise, and it will utilize different lessons taught throughout the last two one-shots. After the three one-shots, our fourth week will be used to finalize the characters and provide a session 0 to find a good starting location for the campaign. From this point, we will run once every week. What I expect?: There are three really simple things I ask for: Don’t be a dick, Engage with the Story, and Communicate. What happens if you have an issue in a session or with someone. If something is making you feel uncomfortable send me a message asap, I will then do everything I can to fix the issue. If you’re going to be late/missing to a session I need to be known asap. In the event that you are missing from a session, your character will be Jägered. Basically still present but, unless needed will become a background character. How to apply: There two things needed before you can apply: A discord and Roll20 account. Both of these are free and are integral to play. Once both of these are made just leave a comment of the post or send me a message on discord (my tag is Dolm#7139), we’ll then have a small “interview”. With some luck I’ll send you a message a couple of days afterward with my decision.
Interested in joining. Left a more detailed message on discord. (Goat is my tag)
Hi! I'm interested in joining. I have a character that hasn't seen much use. Human monk, CG. She's at level 4 but I'm down if that needs to be changed. My discord is AlassielBerioth#4794
1583939647

Edited 1584049647
Hi Michael -- I'm interested in joining your campaign. Sounds like the perfect setup for me!  My discord tag is kakridas#0665. I'm an enthusiastic returner to the game! Been awhile, but I was *really* into it once upon a time and now doing some 5E AL at a local Dragon's Lair in Austin. It's all coming back FAST. I'm a half-elf Paladin (always wanted to play one)!   
I'm interested in joining. I'm pretty new to both DnD and roll20 but I am enthusiastic and easy going. 
1583965016

Edited 1583965207
Hi there! Your description of the game plus the schedule seems like a perfect fit for me. I'll hit you up on discord so we can have a chat hopefully. My discord tag is Xiz#8414 
Krusaderp#4330  I would love a open world sandbox game with some story if this is what this is!
Winterlance#5478 A semi-long term campaign in a home-made setting sounds enticing. Hope comment #7 isn't too late! 
1584045444
Paul S.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
PaulS#2814 Hey there. I am definitely interested. I read your intro and promise: not to be a dick, engage with the story, and communicate. The time works great. I have discord and roll20. I have reliable internet. And I can make every session (very stable work schedule). Wont get into character thoughts here as a lot of that would depend on group dynamics and story. In short, I like to play atypical characters (orc wizard, gnome barbarian, etc...) that are focused on helping the group and driving the story. 
Hello Michael, if there's still space (even if I doubt), I'd be interested in joining your campaign. My discord is Asca#2848. let me know.
Hey Michael, If u still need people, I would be glad to join your campaign. Discord is Ryno#0008 . Thanks!
hi Michael. if ur are still looking for players id be thrilled to be a part of your campaign Discord is Orem-ya#1210 have a nice day/night
Hello Michael~ I hope you are still looking for players! Would love to join your campaign~ My discord is Kiwipatootie#8633
Hi! If you're still looking for players, I'd love to join! My discord is shuragoose#0981
I'm interested in joining. I go by Medieval easily enough. 27/Male with plenty of D&D experience. I'm pretty open to filling in roles for any party I join. I definitely hover towards rogues/bards/fighters over any of the magical classes. I always found them to be both more interesting to play and roleplay as. Hit me up here or on discord at Medieval#8752 for a formal interview/continued talk if you are interested in picking me up. Regardless, thanks for your time. Sent you a friend request already to talk :)
Coming a bit late to the party, but hi! I'm matt, I've had no experience except for a few half-baked oneshots my extended family has put together. I have no obligations in the evenings and would love that time to be filled by some awesome dungeon crawling! I've sent you a request on discord and my tag is Purple#7135
Hi Michael, Lasso here. Also Mike in real life. My discord is AshkesLasso#4539 I am interested, especially as I may be quarantined at home for a while. I have a rotating schedule I can make every other week of a same day schedule, but I'm sure we can discuss that if you are interested. I might as well be a new player, as the last time I played was  3.5 dragonlance era. Thanks for considering me.
Hi My name is Alexander, and i am interested in playing i even have a half elf wizard build i would like to play, i have over a year of DnD 5E experience and am fairly skilled with Roll20 and would absolutely love to play in a semi serous/long campaign, that actually has character growth and what not 
Im really, really interested in joining this. I have a discord I attempted to add you. If there is literally any open spots let me know! Looking forward the message if I get it! :)
Hey Michael, I've been playing for a few years now and I'm currently DMing an on-going campaign for my friends on Roll20 in a world of my own creation. I'd love to have the opportunity to contribute to a group as a player too! Your post resonated with me because it sounds like you have excellent awareness as a DM, and as though you take a lot of the same care to deliver a great experience that I do. I come into any group with zero ego or expectations that games run "my way" and really just want to experience someone else's creative vision. I'd love to chat if you still need players! Sent a request on Discord, JWP#2113.
I would love to join this campaign. My discord is whitennerdiest#6674
Perma DM looking to be on the other side of the screen for once so color me interested. Attempted Friend request on Discord if you are still looking for players. Lord Of The Game#6148
If you're still looking for players, I'd love to be included.
I know I've posted on here already, but I'm still interested in your campaign and would love to play