Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Show My Players Which Attribute I Rolled

Hey y'all, I just got into roll20 macros and after peeling the wikis I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm trying write a macro where I can make a roll using a targeted character's queried attribute, and then have it show in the chat which attribute I rolled, without it gumming up the roll? Or something? There's probably an easier way to do this, but here's what I have so far. /emas @{target|defendant|character_name} rolls a [[1d20+?{Save Type|Hull, @{target|defendant|Hull}|Agility, @{target|defendant|Agi}|Systems, @{target|defendant|Agi}|Engineering, @{target|defendant|Engi}}]] on its ?{Save Type|Hull, "Hull"|Agility, "Agility"|Systems, "Systems"|Engineering, "Engineering"} save
Here is one for saves for 5eOGL: @{selected|wtype}&{template:simple} @{selected|rtype}?{Save |Strength,+[[(@{selected|strength_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_str_save}*@{selected|npc})]][STR SAVE] ]]}} {{rname=^{strength-save-u}}} {{mod=[[ [[(@{selected|strength_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_str_save}*@{selected|npc})]][STR SAVE] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|strength_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_str_save}*@{selected|npc})]][STR SAVE] ]] |Dexterity,+[[(@{selected|dexterity_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_dex_save}*@{selected|npc})]][DEX SAVE] ]]}} {{rname=^{dexterity-save-u}}} {{mod=[[ [[(@{selected|dexterity_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_dex_save}*@{selected|npc})]][DEX SAVE] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|dexterity_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_dex_save}*@{selected|npc})]][DEX SAVE] ]] |Constitution,+[[(@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_con_save}*@{selected|npc})]][CON SAVE] ]]}} {{rname=^{constitution-save-u}}} {{mod=[[ [[(@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_con_save}*@{selected|npc})]][CON SAVE] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|constitution_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_con_save}*@{selected|npc})]][CON SAVE] ]] |Intelligence,+[[(@{selected|intelligence_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_int_save}*@{selected|npc})]][INT SAVE] ]]}} {{rname=^{intelligence-save-u}}} {{mod=[[ [[(@{selected|intelligence_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_int_save}*@{selected|npc})]][INT SAVE] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|intelligence_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_int_save}*@{selected|npc})]][INT SAVE] ]] |Wisdom,+[[(@{selected|wisdom_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_wis_save}*@{selected|npc})]][WIS SAVE] ]]}} {{rname=^{wisdom-save-u}}} {{mod=[[ [[(@{selected|wisdom_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_wis_save}*@{selected|npc})]][WIS SAVE] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|wisdom_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_wis_save}*@{selected|npc})]][WIS SAVE] ]] |Charisma,+[[(@{selected|charisma_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_cha_save}*@{selected|npc})]][CHA SAVE] ]]}} {{rname=^{charisma-save-u}}} {{mod=[[ [[(@{selected|charisma_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_cha_save}*@{selected|npc})]][CHA SAVE] ]]}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+[[(@{selected|charisma_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.00001)))+(@{selected|npc_cha_save}*@{selected|npc})]][CHA SAVE] ]] }}} @{selected|global_save_mod} @{selected|charname_output}
1584592355

Edited 1584592379
I... don't really no what to do with this? I'm just trying to pull the name of the option out of the drop down menu... Is that possible?
1584593547

Edited 1584593590
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You have to change the structure of your query to put the entire roll inside it. Like so: /emas @{target|defendant|character_name} rolls a ?{Save Type| Hull, [[1d20+@{target|defendant|Hull}]] on its Hull| Agility, [[1d20+@{target|defendant|Agi}]] on its Agility| Systems, [[1d20+@{target|defendant|Agi}]] on its Systems| Engineering, [[1d20+@{target|defendant|Engi}]] on its Engineering} save When doing a query, you can put a linebreak after the | symbol to make it easier to read.  You cant pull the name of the attribute out of the roll, so you have to manually put it in the macro.
1584593677
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also note: when your macro has only a single target, you can simplify this @{target|defendant|character_name} to @{target|character_name} You only need the middle bit if you are targeting multiple people in the same macro, so the macro know which is which.
Thank You!!!!! You have saved me much headache
1584594323
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You're welcome :)
I am having the same problem as the one you are referring to. Fortunately, I can see your post, thank you very much.