Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Simple Macro Not Working

I'm currently trying to create a macro that will, upon activation, roll to attack, and provide a button in chat to roll for damage based on an ability within a character's statistics. I'm using the syntax directly from&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Attributes_and_Character_Sheets" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Attributes_and_Character_Sheets</a> , but it isn't working. The text on the wiki is as follows: [Label](~&lt;keyword&gt;|&lt;ability name&gt;) So, for a character named Wolfgang with an ability named LongswordDamage, I'm using the following text in the macro: /roll 1d20 [Damage](~&lt;Wolfgang&gt;|&lt;LongswordDamage&gt;) What's happening is that the macro rolls the d20, creates&nbsp; button called Damage, but hen clicked, the button displays an error of&nbsp; No ability was found for %{|}. Help please!!
1584954730
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Drop the &lt;&gt; They are just indicators of placeholder text in the example
Thank you so much! I've been trying to make this work for hours and didn't think to try that, you're a saint!
1584956153
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Happy to help, theres a huge learning curve with this stuff so anytime you have problems just shout out, might save yourself hours and hours of headaches :)