Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Basic Token Question

Hey all,  I just started using Roll20 this week, prepping for the 'Rona game on sunday. This is such a basic question it hurts to ask.   I created all my players in my journal, and they'll be using Beyond20 to link their D&D Beyond Character sheets.  My question is about token intelligence across multiple pages.  I set up each of my players to have a token, that displays their name below it, and their HP bar across the top. This works great. But as I drag my players into another page-  and then drag their name from the Journal into the VTT to drop their token in, only one of my players retains their token "intelligence"   Meaning, his is the only token that comes in with his name, and HP bar. All the other tokens I drop in from the Journal are just empty token graphics.  I have to re-set up their settings in each page.   What did he/I do to this one particular token to make it carry across all the pages, where as the others do not?  Thanks for any help. 
1585087285
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Don't worry, you're not alone. This confuses everyone in the beginning. Here's the guide to setting up tokens so their settings stick. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals</a> The important part is step 9 and 10: make sure you do that last. If a character sheet already has a default token, you need to delete it from the character page before re-adding it with the new settings.
Thankyou 1000 times over.&nbsp;