Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lightning and seeing other tokens in darkness

Sorry if this has already been asked but I haven't been able to put in the right query for my issue.  The map is dark, player token has vision and can see the map in greytones. He can see walls and navigate through them. So why can't the token see other tokens in the same hallway? I don't want to have each character emit light and there are no lightsources in this hallway. They should be able to see other tokens right?  Halp <3 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It sounds like you have Advanced Fog of War on, but not Dynamic Lighting? Can you screenshot your page settings and the token advanced settings?
Oh damn forgot the text.  So the player token is the green guy on the bottom. I can see the orange guy because he is in the light. But i cant see the guy next to orange guy in the shadow. But Green guy does have vision in the areas that don't have light, he can see outside the circle (the greyscale area). I want to be able to see tokens in the greyscale area as well.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Tokens in the grey area are outside the vision of the token.  The only way to fix that is to make the token emit light (either visible only to them, or visible to everyone) or to otherwise light the area some how.  The design of Advanced Fog of War (and Updated Dynamic Lighting Explorer Mode) is to obscure tokens that are not currently visible, but show areas that have already been seen.  The only way around the above would be to put the token on the Map layer, but you'd loose the bubbles and bars on it.
Righto thanks! That clarifies a lot! Thanks <3