Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character Sheet D&D 3.5 not saving attributes

Hey there, I'm new at Roll20 and loving it, but have been struggling with the D&D 3.5 by Diana P. The sheet us fantastic but is not saving the numbers we add to it... Have tried searching different topics here but wasn't able to fix it.  Any suggestions? Thanks Tee
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Where are you seeing this behaviour? The sheet is extensive and has never failed for me in the 5 years I've been using it.
Thank for answering so promptly... On the ability score section: Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma... We fill it with the numbers, then close it and when we open it again they return to 10.  Just tried it and the same happened again...
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sorry to labour the point but which part of the abilities section are you filling in, the only parts that should accept manual input are the 'base', 'misc' and 'temp' sections. The Score and Mod are automatically calculated from those.
I see... that makes sense. Thank you for the help! Really appreciate it! Still learning here.. :-)
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No problem at all, it's a heck of a learning curve but you'll never be waiting long for help with this community... we've all gotta start somewhere and have likely all been in the same boat at some point :) The 3.5e sheet is a monster but Diana did a great job of making something that could accommodate the myriad of options that edition provides. Any help you need at all, just shout. Happy rolling!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Ziechael said: The 3.5e sheet is a monster but Diana did a great job of making something that could accommodate the myriad of options that edition provides. The impressive part that it's among the first solid sheet first created, and have been continued to be improved years later.
I am having the same problem with this character sheet.  The ability scores when entered in the boxes on the Attributes and Abilities tab of the character are not being saved.  Each time the character sheet is opened the Ability Scores are all at 10, but the bonuses are listed correctly. What is going on?
I have one out of four character sheets working.  They are all using the same version of the character sheet version 7.8  What is going on.
Specifically, I am using the D&D 3.5e Character Sheetv2.7.8 01/07/19 by Diana P. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I dont use the sheet, but you shouldnt be entering attributes in the Attributes & Abilities tab, if there is a Character Sheet tab. The Character sheet tab often has automated stuff going on that manages attributes, so entering them in the attributes & abilities tab might not work as expected. Worse, you can end up with duplicate copies of an attribute, with different scores, and roll20 wont know which to use.
GiGs,  Hey there.  Thank you for the response, but I cannot enter Ability Scores on the character sheet itself.  When I put my cursor over say the Strength stat to change the score from 10 to something else, it turns into a Red Circle with a Slash through it.   The only place to enter data for Ability Stats and their associated Ability Modifier is on Attributes & Abilities tab.

Edited 1586525433
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just had a look at the sheet, and the stats section has several headings, starting Total, Mod, Base. You cant enter anything in the total column, you have to enter stats in the Base column. Is this working for you? You cant alter the first 2 columns, but the last 3 columns are editable.
Hey there.  Thank you the response.  Three of the four sheets are not working.  They do not save any data on the Ability Stats or the Modifiers it all reverts to 10s or blank each time they are opened.  The fourth sheet does hold the values as intended.

Edited 1586535292
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's very weird behaviour. That fact that one is working properly but the others aren't is very puzzling. i think you'll need someone familiar with the sheet to help. But if you create completely new sheets, do they work properly? It could be that those 3 sheets have become corrupted somehow.
I have not done that yet.  I will do that today.
I deleted the three characters from my journal, then created new versions of them.  That seems to have solved the problem.  All four character sheets are working.  Thank you for your assistance.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You're welcome. It's likely some attribute on that sheet had a broken value, or just an incorrect value, and was causing the sheets automation to malfunction.