Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

character import/export question

I'm using the essentials module to GM,and according to that my players can import/export characters. I can get the characters to import to the character vault and I can get the characters to export to the players journal in the game, but I can't get the characters to show up in the GM journal of the game. When the characters where created, they were created in the game with the module, and the GM had view access and edit access. Not sure how to get it to work.
Import / export would be import from character vault to campaign... they appear at the bottom of the journal.  Export would be export from the game to the vault to be taken into another campaign.
Got all that, I can import the character to the vault and when I export it to a game it says it was exported successfully, and in the players game (who exports the character) it shows up, but the character does not show up in the GMs game journal
The GM of the game needs to set the Game Settings to allow importing.
I have

Edited 1585428260
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
This might help <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Vault" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/My_Vault</a> Exporting Characters When you are ready to use a Character from your Vault in a new game, click the "Export to Game" link next to the Character on the main Vault page. You'll be presented with a list of eligible Games to export the Character to. Note that you can only export Characters to Games where: 1. You are the GM of the Game, or 2. You are a player of the Game and the GM has expressly turned on the "Allow Players to Import Characters" setting on the Game Settings page for that Game. If you are a free user, the game must also have All Access Vault enabled (see below for more information on Vault Access Levels.) If a Game you want to export a Character to isn't showing up in the list, be sure that one of those criteria are met, and then reload the page. Once the Character is exported to the Game, it will be up to the GM of that game to set it up (giving you permission to edit it) properly. [ edit ] Vault Access Levels Each game will have one of two access levels, which determines who can export characters into the game: [ edit ] Limited Vault This is the default level. With this level, only players who are themselves Plus or Pro subscribers (and therefore have "All Access Vault" enabled for their whole account) can import characters into the game. [ edit ] All Access Vault This is the premium level of vault access. It allows anyone (including players in the game who don't have a subscription) to import Characters into the game. GMs of the game can also import characters (or NPCs, monsters, etc.) into the game. The level of a game is determined by the subscription level of the game's creator account. If the game creator does not have a subscription, the game will have the default Limited Vault level. If the game creator has a subscription, the game will have an All Access Vault level. Additionally, select Marketplace modules (as indicated on their details page) feature the All Access Vault level for all games based on that module. For example, if you purchase Lost Mine of Phandelver, all games you create with that module will have the All Access Vault unlocked, even if the game creator does not have a subscription.
Actually I found what I was doing wrong....I was just looking in the wrong spot. I was looking at the top of the list, when my character was at the bottom. I have no idea what could be going wrong with your issue tho...sorry