Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How do I get ALL the 5E official monster tokens?

Hi Folks, Simple and probably dumb question: How do I get all of the monster tokens for 5e? I'm running DotMM and it appears to come with quite a few, but I'm missing tokens from the Basic Rules for things like the Bat and Giant Badger. Would those come with the Monster Manual or one of the official 5e monster packs? Also, how do these things compare to the compendium?  Thanks and please forgive the newbie question.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Anything not in the SRD requires a purchased compendium, such as the Monster Manual or Volo's guide to monsters. What you get with that is essentially artwork for each monster, both on the bio page (if the sourcebook has art), and in the token. You get a much bigger selection to work with. The bio page has all of the description and lore of the monster from the published book. SRD offerings are usually much more sparse. Otherwise, they are fairly similar to the Compendium offerings. Note that the SRD has some things that appear incorrect, because errata was made for the Monster manual, but the SRD has only received one update by WotC.
Thank you, @keithcurtis. :) Much appreciated.