Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Help, Loot Tables for recursive API Script

I am new to Roll20, I am preparing a campaign. I wanted to use the recursive tables API script in order to randomize loot for the players. But im not sure how to make the rollable table where it works with the recursive table properly. For instance, when creating the loot table if I wanted a random amount of gold do I just type that in as the name? or do I need to make a macro for that first or? I apologize if these are a dumb questions Ive been working with APIs all day on here and feel like my eyes are starting to glaze over 0.o   any other advice you have for someone who just started using roll20 this week and his starting a campaign this week would be helpful.  Thank you, Troy
1585572030
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
RecursiveTable works by expanding inline rolls. You would just create those inline rolls in the table items, and have them reference others tables down to just rolls for numbers. For example, you might have a table "TreasureTypeA" with several rows, one of which is: [[1t[small-magic-items] ]], [[3t[coins] ]] That will then roll on the "small-magic-items" once and the "coins" three times. It might hit table items like: [[1d3]] small red flasks containing a red liquid. And [[3d8]] jagged copper discs with harsh characters carved into them. [[2d4+4]] octagonal gold coins worked with runes abs strung on a braided steel cord. [[1d3]] platinum staters bearing a lovely elven maiden on the obverse, and slender tree on the reverse. The end result would combine all the rolls into a single output message.
Thank you. I tried to make a table and ran it. I'm not sure if I input it into the table correctly. I expected it to give me the # of gems, should I have input something before the [[2d6+2]]? I do realize thats a lot of gp (but very low chance to roll that)
1585616833
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
You need to preface it with !rt: !rt [[1t[Coins-Gems] ]]
Awesome! thank you so much!
1585620647
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
No problem!