Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 Digital Books and DND Beyond Digital Book

I've spent several hours searching for the answer to my question so I'm sorry if it's already been answered.   I'm new to Roll20 and have used DND Beyond for about a year.  If i buy the digital books on DND Beyond can I integrate and use those books in Roll20? Are the digital books purchased in Roll20 the same books I can use in DNDBeyond?   If so, does that include all the Roll20 tokens and everything from buying those digital books on DND Beyond? Do i have to buy the content from Roll20 and also from DNDBeyond? Thank you for your help!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
DnDBeyond and Roll20 are two entirely different entities, and unfortunately, products bought on one do not work on the other. There are plugins that allow some coordination I am given to understand, but this is not the same as true integration.
So ultimately bummed about that.   Thanks
I am relatively new to Roll20 too. Got the legendary bundle on D&D Beyond. I feel you pain, but they are two totally different entities. If you brought a season ticket to watch films in one chain if cinema, it does not give you the right to watch films in a different chain of cinemas. This is no different.  One campaign I am running the adventure is almost at an end. I could buy it on Roll20. But with the expectation of finishing it soon I have simply grabbed a few of the maps from Beyond, pulled them into Roll20, and created a few tokens in Photoshop. Set up a few handouts, and all is good. Allows me to grab the immediate benefits of Roll20 without buying the adventure again.  Second campaign is in early stages, so worth my while investing in a copy on Roll20. I could manually drop the material from Beyond to Roll20, but the rime it would take, the cost to buy again is a worthy investment.  With both campaigns I have the added benefit if utilising Beyond as a reference source whist mobile. It also gives me a solid encounter builder (when needed) and a superb reference tool for rules. Roll20 gives me a digital table top, dice roller, etc which is years ahead of what Beyond currently offers. The message here is enjoy what both has to offer. Take advantage of the strengths each has over the other, and use them side by side. 
That's a really good way of putting it.  I like that viewpoint.  So I ran my last campaign with them side by side and it was actually really smooth so I'm not too worried about it at this point.  Yeah, it would be nice to click less, but it wasn't that bad.  Thanks for taking the time to answer!