Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Curse of Strahd Semi-transparent tokens on maps

I recently purchased the Curse of Strahd module to run for the party I was running CoS for in person before. I was looking through the maps and many of them have unselectable semi-transparent tokens for enemies. First, will players see these in their view and second, what is their purpose? Can they be used as is or are they just noting where you need to put tokens yourself?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Those are on the GM layer, you just need to switch to it, then you can move them about, or right click and send them to the Tokens Layer where Players can see them.  They are there for encounters that can or will happen, but shouldn't be immediately apparent to the players.
Awesome. Thanks for the help.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
No worries!
I was just wondering this myself setting up Lost Mines. Thank you, sir!