Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFG][Free][D&D5E] New player seeking by-the-books game

Hello, everyone! I'm fairly new to Dungeons & Dragons and was hoping I could join a game played by the books. Maybe once I'm more familiar with things I'd be more adventurous and join paid games. I'd like there to be at least one veteran player to guide me through certain things. Basically, a tutorial game or something light-hearted so I can get my bearings. Thanks! 
Looking for players for a home module that has been tested and played Opening the game NOW. Starting at 6 PM Eastern US and running until 8. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/6146387/IXKvYQ" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/6146387/IXKvYQ</a>
Okay, after that experience, I think I'm going to need to read a lot more before joining a game or have someone guide me through things in advance. That one moved too quickly for me.&nbsp;
If you are interested, I could whip something introductionary (Master's Vault) up I don't like players being discouraged from the hobby due to a lack of introductionary experience.
It sounds like you just got rushed, so yeah don't get discouraged. I just had my first session ever last night and our DM took his time making sure everyone understood everything as we went because we were almost all beginners. Look for a game planning to start up a couple days out at least, I didn't dare try to jump into something starting on the spot for my first game.
Thanks, guys. And yeah, I'd love to give that a try, Tsaimath. ^^ I was looking over character creation in the meantime, which was unexpectedly difficult due to not having the money for books. I really hope that this hobby doesn't become unusable because of that...