Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Trait Macro Error

1585780083

Edited 1585780104
I'm having an error that I can't figure out.  I have the following macro to list the traits for a monster token: /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_desc}}} /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$1_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$1_desc}}} /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$2_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$2_desc}}} /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$3_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$3_desc}}} The problem is it works for some monsters in my journal (ones I setup last week), but gives an error on any new monsters I setup from the compendium.  I've tripple checked that the code is the same for both monsters. It gives the following error: But works fine for monsters I've already setup: Does anyone know what the issue might be?
1585780270

Edited 1585780287
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Absolutely.The attribute was recently renamed from "desc" to "description". Older monsters were converted, so they have the info available under both attributes, but newer ones only respond to "description". This should work: /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_description}}} /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$1_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$1_description}}} /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$2_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$2_description}} /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$3_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$3_description}}}
keithcurtis said: Absolutely.The attribute was recently renamed from "desc" to "description". Older monsters were converted, so they have the info available under both attributes, but newer ones only respond to "description". This should work: /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_description}}} /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$1_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$1_description}}} /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$2_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$2_description}} /w gm &{template:npcaction} {{name=@{selected|npc_name}}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$3_name}}} {{description=@{selected|repeating_npctrait_$3_description}}} That worked perfectly, thank you!