Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Savage Attacker Feat help

So I'm playing DND 5e - I have made a macro that will allow me to select whether the attack is a crit or not and then whether I have extra damage selected. The selection of 'no' is working perfectly but I'm struggling with 'yes' So the attack is 1D10+5 Plus 1D6 per extra type of damage. The 'Savage Attacker' feat means that you can re-roll the dice roll and pick the highest selection- for without a crit this is simple enough as it's just roll two and take the highest, however for a crit I can't roll 4 and pick the highest two as that would inflate the damage. What I need would be to roll two sets of 2Dx and pick the highest set of the 2Dx We don't use the character sheets inbuilt so that can't help unfortunately. Any help would be appreciated! This is what I have so far; /r ?{Is it a Crit?|    No, ?{Hunter's Mark and Absorb Elements?|       None, 2D10kh1+5       } |              One, 2D10kh1+2D6kh1+5       } |       Both, 2D10kh1+2D6kh1+2D6kh1+5          } |    Yes, ?{Hunter's Mark and Absorb Elements?|       None, 2D10kh1+5       } |              One, 2D10kh1+2D6kh1+5       } |       Both, 2D10kh1+2D6kh1+2D6kh1+5          } }
1585900804
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For your crit damage, you could just double up your rolls (just not as a single entity): /r ?{Is it a Crit?| No,?{Hunter's Mark and Absorb Elements?| None, 2D10kh1+5 } | One, 2D10kh1+2D6kh1+5 } | Both, 2D10kh1+2D6kh1+2D6kh1+5 }| Yes,?{Hunter's Mark and Absorb Elements?| None, 2D10kh1+2D10kh1+5 } | One, 2D10kh1+2D6kh1+2D10kh1+2D6kh1+5 } | Both, 2D10kh1+2D6kh1+2D6kh1+2D10kh1+2D6kh1+2D6kh1+5 } }
This still doesn't quite do it because it's taking the highest of two separate rolls instead of taking two lots of 2Dx and picking the highest of the two sets. SO in real life it would go *throw 2D10 and get 1+5* then reroll for savage attacker and *throw 2D10 and get 4+3* The outcome should be a 6 and a 7 - the code as above would take a 5 and a 4, giving us 9. Hope that helps with helping me, I really can't figure a way of doing it properly!
1585945402

Edited 1585945487
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Oh yeah, I see now, thanks for the extra detail: /r ?{Is it a Crit?| No,?{Hunter's Mark and Absorb Elements?| None, 2D10kh1+5 } | One, 2D10kh1+2D6kh1+5 } | Both, 2D10kh1+2D6kh1+2D6kh1+5 }| Yes,?{Hunter's Mark and Absorb Elements?| None, {2D10,2d10}kh1+5 } | One, {2D10,2d10}kh1+{2D6,2D6}kh1+5 } | Both, {2D10,2d10}kh1+{2D6,2D6}kh1+{2D6,2D6}kh1+5 } }
Ziechael, you're a legend. That has worked perfectly, thank you very much!