Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped Companion] Character Token Attack Actions

I'm just coming back to Roll20 from a several year break. Trying to generate character token attack actions using the shaped " !shaped-abilities" function, but I keep getting "unrecognized" or "not present" errors. I've tried  !shaped-abilities --actions,  !shaped-abilities --attacks,  !shaped-abilities --offense,  !shaped-abilities --offenseMacro, etc. Am I missing something? I remember doing this in my last campaign without issue, generating attack buttons for any/all attacks in the "offense" section of the sheet. I've got the token selected, confirmed the sheet has items in that section, tried with several characters, etc.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I can't remember the command offhand, but "!shaped" brings up a chat menu with most of the options available.

Edited 1585942208
Matt
Pro
keithcurtis  said: I can't remember the command offhand, but "!shaped" brings up a chat menu with most of the options available. Are you thinking of "!shaped-config" ? Not seeing anything in that menu for this. I'm able to generate token attack buttons for all the monsters with the "!shaped-abilities" functions, but NOT with players.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
No, "!shaped" calls up a chat menu with common commands, but apparently that isn't one of them. You are probably looking for "!shaped-abilities --attacks", found here in the documentation of the script.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also, double check to make sure you are using the latest copies of both sheet and script. I believe the ones in the One Click represent the current versions, since Kryx no longer maintains either.
keithcurtis said: No, "!shaped" calls up a chat menu with common commands, but apparently that isn't one of them. You are probably looking for "!shaped-abilities --attacks", found here in the documentation of the script. I don't get any response to "!shaped" by itself. I get an " Attacks: Not present for character"  error for "!shaped-abilities --attacks". 
keithcurtis said: Also, double check to make sure you are using the latest copies of both sheet and script. I believe the ones in the One Click represent the current versions, since Kryx no longer maintains either. Both were out of date. I've updated both, but the problem persists. Frustrating. Thanks for your recommendations thus far, btw.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just in case: "Attacks" would likely only work for PCs. Not sure, though, I haven't used the Shaped Sheet in some time.
keithcurtis said: Just in case: "Attacks" would likely only work for PCs. Not sure, though, I haven't used the Shaped Sheet in some time. That's what I'm trying to make token actions for: PCs.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just fired up an old campaign and I can't get attacks to work either. Traits, yes. Not attacks. I am assuming something has changed in Roll20 coding in the last year or two. This sort of incident will likely only increase as time goes on and is the primary reason I switched to the official sheet. Otherwise the Shaped sheet is a far more powerful choice.
keithcurtis said: Otherwise the Shaped sheet is a far more powerful choice. Yeah, I agree. The shaped sheet offers soooo much customization. Too bad the site/sheet/script are falling out of sync. Thanks again for trying to help.
Doing a single bump to this thread to see if anyone else is having this issue and/or knows a workaround?
For what is worth, I also have the same trouble, and since it's a brand new game with few creatures and players at the first level, I'm switching over to the OGL sheet :/ It's a waste, the shaped sheet offer so many powerful options
Roberto R. said: For what is worth, I also have the same trouble, and since it's a brand new game with few creatures and players at the first level, I'm switching over to the OGL sheet :/ It's a waste, the shaped sheet offer so many powerful options I found it's not hard to manually create the player token actions, so I did that for my players. As long as the monster one continues to work, I'll deal.