Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Are there any single or double player adventure catered to Roll20 virtual tabletop?

me and my wife are stuck home in NY. Almost 3 weeks now. I want to get her and I going with some Roll20. I’ve had it for a few years just never really used it. My plan is to host her and then some friends possibly.  I’m familiar with D&D 2nd and 5th also Pathfinder. what I’m looking for is prebuilt adventures and or campaigns that load up already fully so I don’t have to spend hours designing. I don’t mind doing it a little. Something I can buy of course. We had thought about paying someone to DM but I want to get this down so friends can play with us. 

Edited 1586046685
In the D&D essential kit there is a module that can be played 1-1. There are some additional rules for sidekicks that can help the one player.
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi Jim. I would like to send you a PM about the possibility of me DM'ing something for you and your group (wife, add friends when ready). Check my Roll20 Profile (click on my name Gold) to see some information about my experience in Roll20 and focus on AD&D games. Answering your questions, from my view. There are a lot of D&D 5E adventures (both official trademark products from Wizards of the Coast line, and also authorized 3rd party publishers' adventure lines). In the Roll20 Marketplace. Most of them are made for 4 characters ideally. 1 Player could run 4 characters, while the other player DM's. Same story under Pathfinder, which also has a lot of contents and automation and support on Roll20. Also emerging now, Pathfinder 2nd. These are all popular and supported. Even if you (as DM) need to trim-away half of the monsters, you can delete some monsters easily in the pre-built modules so you can run them with fewer PC's. Maybe 1 PC, maybe let them have a Hireling or find a Familiar. if you are still interested in going back to AD&D 2nd Edition, I've been setting games up for that on here myself where our own campaign could be possible. There are 2 alternative character sheets built freely into roll20 community, to use for that. However there are no pre-set modules. You could buy a 5E module and port it backwards, or you can buy a Map Pack and populate it with your own monster ideas (less automated more like old-school tabletop but digital). I've done both, for 2nd edition AD&D gameplay. It is a lot of fun. Welcome to Roll20.
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi Jim, As Gold already mention, most games are designed for 4+ players. All of our adventures on Roll20 (Loremasters) are designed for 4-5 players. However, I recently had a game with only 1 player. I ran the game with 3 NPCs and we both had an absolute blast. It took me back to when I first started playing D&D at a restaurant with one friend of mine back in the 1990s.  Anyways, I suggest giving that a try. It would be a great way to learn the ropes and have your wife learn well enough to act as your co-gm if desired.  Here is a vid I made that you may find useful as well:  Setting Up Roll20 Tokens for Characters, NPCs, and Monsters