Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Remove "Has sight"

First of, it might be my bad google foo, or terrible scripting understanding, but i have not yet been able to fix this issue. I bought the Yawning Portal module, and every token in it "has sight", which half my players PC can't handle. So i have been looking for a way to mass disable this, without having to turn if off one token at a time. So sorry if this is a repeat post, and i really do hope someone is able to guide this newbie to the system ^_^* I really do like the possibilities of the system, and I'm sure it's just on my end i am missing something but so far no luck. I have tried a tip about restoring everything to "default", but i get no option to default my tokens. I have allso tried to enter this into the macro editor, but again with no result: !token-mod --flip light_otherplayers light_hassight   My humble thanks in advance, if anyone can help me.
I’m away from my PC atm, but I think you can change those settings in the campaign settings outside the game, on the launch page.  Then inside the game on the settings tab, at the bottom of the page there is a button that says apply default settings, or something like that.
From what i can see that changes only new tokens placed, and leaves everything as is, ingame, and the default setting in game does not have any options in the token section.
Update: So far i have also tried to create a new campaign, and install the module again, but with no changes
1586103246

Edited 1586103315
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There is an API script that can do this, but that doesn't help in this case. Unless the sighted tokens are emitting light, it shouldn't have much effect at all on your players, since they don't control those tokens. But it could cause slowdowns for you. Also, the whole dynamic lighting system is poised to change in a week or so (old settings will be available in parallel for some time), so you may be able to completely sidestep this issue soon.
Thanks for the response, really looking forward to the changes ^_^
1586121098
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Me too! They have been pushed back a week due to the current unpleasantness, but I'd rather they were pushed back even another week, or even a month, so long as it gets done right .
Rather have it done right, then not having the same frustration once again due to a bug, but just knowing that I (hopefully) have a fix in sight, helps with the morale 😉 I really got disheartened by it, but knowing it's know and being looked at, puts me more at ease 😊
1586188808

Edited 1586188847
I think something like this system needs very broad testing, but I think very few folks test much on the devs server (I know I have not). A parallel rollout on the Production gets much wider testing with more users, more diverse system specs, and a greater variety of use cases. And if it causes show-stopping problems, the current system is still there to fall back on (the devil we know...). I look forward to the parallel rollout. I hope it goes smoothly, and if it does, I hope that more Roll20 enhancements (at least big ones) will be implemented in this Dev -> Parallel -> Production method.