Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Measurement for auras

This was a suggestion from an user named Epitome, im new here so did'nt get to vote, and i could'nt see how many votes he got. I will copy and paste what he wrote and i fully endorse it. Currently Auras are either circles or flat squares. This is fine if you want to represent distance from a token according to either D&D 5E/4E measurement or Euclidean measurement. But as a Pathfinder player I would really appreciate if Auras could be drawn according to Pathfinder/3.5E measurement, and I'm sure some people would like auras in Manhattan measurement as well. So I would suggest replacing the "Square" checkbox for Auras with a selector that lets you pick a measurement, just like in the grid options of maps. That way an Aura could easily be used to represent the effective range of a player's movement or their powers. Now my part. For me, and i play 5E but with the variant rules for diagonals, that makes it the same as Pathfinder. It would be really nice for me to put Paladin auras in true measurement, or even an aura for opportunity attacks for players and monsters with big reach attacks. Thanks
Hear hear! I remember being puzzled the first time I ever tried to put a 10-ft radius aura around a token and got a 12.5-ft radius aura instead. I understand measuring from the edge of the token might be useful in SOME instances, like maybe you want a huge dragon to have a 10-ft aura that covers the dragon's body instead of being a little circle at its center. But seriously, for every case like that there are probably a thousand cases where you just want a 10-ft radius aura TO BE A 10-FT RADIUS AURA!!!
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .